Chapter 23

1 day later - the appointment.

HARPERS POV:

Yesterday, Mom told me she had booked an appointment for me with Arizona, I get on well with Arizona, but I don't really talk to her much I kind of just get shy around her, she's seen me at my lowest points and knows about my history . Honestly I'm angry, I'm not sick, I'm healthy I don't need a check up. Yesterday felt like I was dragging around so much, most of the day I felt exhausted.

Mom walked into my room, "Harper get dressed please, we're leaving in an hour" She said standing at the doorway. "Do I have to" I said trying to not go to the appointment. "You do, get dressed please and come down for breakfast" She said as she said watched me get my clothes out the closet.

I got dressed and posted a picture of my outfit to my instagram. Remembering my glasses, which was something Mom was constantly reminding me to do more often now.

I got my bag together and head downstairs for breakfast I didn't feel like eating, but I knew if I could eat Mom might change her mind on the appointment

I got my bag together and head downstairs for breakfast I didn't feel like eating, but I knew if I could eat Mom might change her mind on the appointment. When I came to the breakfast I just couldn't, taking one spoonful took so much from me. I stared at the bowl of cereal in front of me, "Harper eat some more please" She said as she noticed me not eating. I took a few more spoonfuls trying to eat as much as I can, but I kept feeling exhausted.

I had managed to eat half of the bowl of cereal which was enough to please Mom, we headed out to the car to drive to the hospital. The appointment wasn't till another hour or so, but Mom wanted to finish up some charts before so she decided on coming earlier.
————
We had arrived at the hospital, the pit in my stomach grew. I was familiar with the hospital, but the reason I was here made me anxious and feel sick to my stomach. I wanted to run, but I knew I had no way I was going to get past Mom.

Mom collected some of her paperwork and sat in her office to finish up the work before we headed down to the paediatric ward. I sat down at her desk twiddling with my thumbs as I waited for Mom to finish up her paperwork, my anxiety growing bigger each second.

Mom had finished her paperwork and we headed our way to the Paediatric ward's waiting room.
————
We sat in the waiting room for a few minutes, till Arizona came out to the waiting room immediately greeting us with her classic smile. "Hi Harper!" She almost squealed. "Hi" I said rather quietly. "We will be in exam room 4, I've set everything up so when you're ready just follow me" Arizona said still her bubbly self. I sat there still a bit anxious, Arizona and Mom noticed me shaking my legs and picking at my finger nails. "Harper, I promise you I'll be absolutely gentle and I'll tell you everything that I will be doing and explain it all" She said reassuring me. I nodded feeling a little bit better.

We headed into the exam room, Mom sat down on a chair next to the exam bed. "Okay Harper if you just sit on here for me that would be great" She said pointing to the exam bed. I hopped up onto the exam bed and sat on the edge of it swinging my legs.