Chapter 46

HARPERS POV:

Mom decided it would be best if I was homeschooled, she hired a tutor for Math. I would also complete school in her office, this way she could keep an eye on me you know.

I sat at Mom's desk in her office completely distracted as I fidgeted in my chair.
"Harper do the work" Mom said as she noticed me unfocused.

I sat just fidgeting with my pen tapping it aggressively.

"Harper do you need some help?" Mom asked as she peered over me.
"I guess so, it's just hard to stay focused" I said fidgeting around.
"I know sweetie, why don't you have a break and you can come help me on rounds with interns" Mom said as she slipped on her white coat.
"Okay" I said as I saved my work and closed my laptop.

Mom held her hand out gesturing me to hold it, I held her hand and we walked outside her office.
————
As we walked into the patient room an intern began staring the patient's case.
"Ahh Dr Shepherd" The patient said as Mom and I walked into the room.
"Hello Victoria, how are we feeling today?" Mom asked her patient.
"Like I've got a brain tumour" The patient said, Mom chuckled and I couldn't help but laugh as well.

"Who is this little one" The patient asked Mom as she gestured towards me.
"Ah this is my daughter, Harper" Mom said as she pulled me into her side and wrapped her arms around me.
"Ahh she's like a mini you" The patient chuckled.

Even though Mom isn't my biological mother and we are in no way related, people still say I'm like a mini her, I guess we do have a lot in common.
————
"I have surgery in 10, do you want me to get an intern or someone to help you with your school" Mom asked me as we walked to her office.
"Yeah I don't mind" I said

"Wilson!" Mom shouted as Jo walked past us.
"Yeah Dr Shepherd" She said as she drank her coffee
"Think you can help my daughter with her school work, I've got a surgery to get to" Mom said opening the door to her office
"Yeah I don't mind, I'm on break" Jo said.
"Thx Wilson, and I'll see you later Harper" Mom said placing a kiss on my forehead and ruffling my hair.

I sat down at Mom's desk and opened my laptop.
"So Harper what do you need help with?" Jo said as she pulled a chair up next to me.
"I have a lot, don't really know where to start" I said as I scrolled through my work.
"Well why don't we have a look what to do, and maybe I can help you create a schedule" Jo said as she looked through my classes.
"Yeah I would love that" I said smiling at Jo.

"Biology! Reproductive system we can do that!" Jo said as she clicked on the lesson.
"Great and you have already made a start to some of the work, and it's all correct" Jo said as she smiled at me.

Jo is an OB/GYN so she knows about reproductive system and she explained in really well with me.

"High five Harps!" Jo said as I had just completed my work for biology.
I gave her a high five lightly, and she smiled at me.
"What next?" Jo asked looking at my classes again. "Math" She suggested, which I instantly turned my face up to.
"Guess not then" She said chuckling.
————
We managed to get through some of my school work, she actually helped me with Math, which I was really grateful for as she explained it in a pace I needed it to be in. I understood the work a bit better and she helped me to correct my answers.

"You've done great Harper, your Mom should be scrubbing out soon, so I'm going to tell her how well you've done" Jo said smiling at me proudly.
"Thank you for helping me, I actually understood Math a little bit with your help" I told Jo and she smiled at me.

"I'm glad I could help, maybe you should take a quick break and when your Mom is back you can show her all your work I'm sure she will be very proud of you! Keep it up Harps, I've got a patient to see soon, but I can wait here till your Mom is back" Jo said as she placed my work into a neat pile.

Jo had helped me make a schedule, she also said she would help me with my Math whenever I needed help. Jo is really nice and helpful with me, she's good with kids.

AMELIAS POV:

I walked into my office to see Wilson and Harper talking together, despite me and Wilson having some history with Link and all, she was great with Harper and Harper seemed to like her a lot.

"Hey rockstar" I said as I entered the room.
"Mom! I finally understood some Math, Jo helped me with it" My daughter said and I smiled at her proudly.
"That's great sweetie I'm so proud!" I said feeling like a proud mama bear.

"Well I have a patient to see so I should get going, but she's been great all her work is there if you want to check it!" Wilson said as she walked to my office door.
"Thanks Wilson" I said grateful for her help.
"Anytime!" She said as she left my office to see her patient.

"Let's see your work then!" I asked my teenager who was just finishing up some of her school work.
"Sure!" She said picking up her work sheets.
"Wow this is great!" I said proudly as her work was good, her Math seemed to be improving and I was so proud of her.

Homeschooling seemed to be working, her focus was much better and she had been receiving the correct support.

"Mom I've done all my classes for the morning" My daughter said as she was saving some last minute work.
"Great, why don't you have a break and you can finish the rest of your classes later?" I asked my teenager who nodded excitingly.
"Sounds good to me" She said with a smile across her face.

Authors Note:

Next chapter is gonna have some spice!

Thoughts??