Chapter 34

HARPERS POV:

Today is day Mom will be performing the ground breaking surgery, if this worked it could be very useful in so many different ways.

Currently I'm in the OR gallery surrounded by many surgeons, doctors, nurses ready to watch my Mom perform this surgery.

Mom was standing in her superhero pose, she looked up to the gallery and our eyes locked giving each other a smile.

Only freaking superhero's I thought to myself as I remembered my Mom saying it.
She was starting the surgery this was big, I watched every single of her moves carefully.

AMELIAS POV:

I started to drill the burr holes in the correct placement, I made sure the camera probe was in the correct placement so I didn't cause any bleeds or brain damages.

I carefully placed in the suction to the top of the tumour, I managed to suction part of the tumour that I couldn't resect.

"Dr Shepherd, pressures dropping" A scrub nurse said.
"Keep an eye on her, the unresectable part has been suctioned, keep an eye on her stats and responsivety while I resect the rest of the tumour" I said as I started to remove a section of the skull.

I made my way in by a posterior angle resecting the rest of the tumour.
"Dr Shepherd stats and response look good" A nurse said.

I resected the full tumour, I checked to see if I had caused any bleeds or damages, so far so good. I would only know if this was successful and didn't cause any damages when my patient woke up, it was a matter of waiting and patience.
————
I walked out the OR ripped my mask off and put my head in my hands. I walked up to the OR gallery to be cheered by my daughter and co-workers.

"Mom you did great" Harper said, but I knew I only did great if the patient was responsive when she woke up.
"Thank you Harper" I said as she gave me a hug which gave me a boost of confidence in myself.

"My patient should be waking up in an hour or so, why don't we grab something to eat" I said to my teenager as we walked out the OR gallery
"Sure" Harper said as we walked along the gallery corridors.

HARPERS POV:

Me and Mom were sitting outside the hospital, we had got some lunch and sat outside on a bench to eat it.

Me and Mom talked for a while, lately I had been thinking about me starting ballet classes again I was at the age I could take a pointe exam, I've thought about asking for a while now unsure how she would react.

"Mom I've been thinking about me starting back ballet and maybe contemporary classes, I think it will be good for me having something my birth parents encouraged me in" I said and she looked up at me.
"Yeah that sounds great, I'll look into, You remember how to do all your dances so I think starting back classes will help you learn more" Mom said and we both smiled
"Thankyou" I said and she nodded

"You have a lot of talents that deserve to be recognised maybe you can go to art clubs and start voice lessons" Mom said and I smiled in excitement and started to stim
"Really?" I said for clarity
"Mhm" Mom said, I immediately shouted out, "I'd love too" I smiled with joy and began to stim happily
"We will look into it at home, but my patient is about to wake up, do you think you can stay in my office I can get someone to entertain you" Mom said
"I don't need someone to entertain me" I said holding up my phone and Mom chuckled

AMELIAS POV:

Harper waited in my office as I went to check on my patient who was waking up.
I walked into the room to see my patient's husband holding his wife's hands praying.

"Dr Shepherd will she be awake soon?" Asked my patient's husband.
"Yes we are waiting for her to wake any minute" I said to the husband.

I watched as my patients eyes fluttered as she began to wake, I took out my light to check her responses and did some quick neuro checks.

"Her pupils look good and responsive" I said as I began to chart the awake process.

"Hey Eva, it's me Dr Shepherd do you know where you are?" I asked my patient who had just sat and up started to become more awake and responsive.
"Hospital" My patient said
"Good Eva, do you know why?" I said as I continued to check her responses to other things
"I had a brain tumour, did you remove it?" My patient asked
"I did, I resected it all successfully" I told my patient
"When can I go home" My patient Eva asked
"I'd like to keep you here for two weeks so you can recover and for observations, you have had a major surgery, it's important we keep an eye on you for any complications that could go on after surgery" I said to my patient
"Thank you Dr Shepherd" My patient's husband said and his wife nodded.
————
I headed down to my office to see Harper watching her phone.

"What you watching?" I asked as I saw a glimpse of a surgical tape.
"Nothing" She said switching off the video
"Were you watching my surgical videos?" I said laughing
"Noooo deffo not" Harper said smirking.
"You neuro nerd" I said jokingly and she elbowed me
"Stop it" She said laughing and I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Me and Harper walked out my office as I kept teasing her about being a neuro nerd, which I thought was adorable. She kept pushing me jokingly as we walked to the car.

Authors Note:

Short chapter sorry x

Thoughts?