Part 9

Nicks pov:

Im kind of nervous. Today I'm asking Charlie to prom. I think we are dating? I mean it's not official but i think we should be together. If he says yes I might ask him at prom. Me, Tara, Darcy, Imogen, and Elle are all decorating. The others will be here soon. We are decorating a small part of the forest. There are no dangerous animals or anything. It's quite peaceful, the sun is peaking through the trees and there is a river a couple minutes away. Elle is hanging up strings of paper starts through the trees and Tara is doing the same with fairy lights. Darcy and Imogen went to go make a path of rose petals and I'm setting up a picnic for us. Everyone finished decorating and gathers together in the middle of the area. Darcy says "oh my goshhhh this is so cuteee Tara take notes" and everyone laughs. Darcy always makes people laugh. Elle then says "well Charlie is going to be here soon we better get going." Everyone agrees and goes into a group hug. As everyone leaves tao comes up to me. "Good luck Charlie is lucky to have you" then Elle yells at him to join the rest of the group and he leaves before I can't respond to what he said. Me and Tao were never close but I think he knows he can trust me. He is not a very trusting person but there are some people he just can't resist and always brings out his soft side. I turn around and start to lay the food out on the blanket. Then I get jump scared when I hear Charlie's voice. "Nick! Oh my gosh this is amazing" he looks around at the decorations. I turn around so I can look at him "you scared me!" He laughs at what I said and hugs me. "You know you missed me-" I interrupt him by picking him up and spinning him around. And then I plop him on the blanket and I sit next to him. He lays at my shoulder and we stare at the sun set. "Charlie." I begin. He just stares into my eyes with worry and care. "I don't know what this is or like what we are but I really wanted to ask if you wanted to go to prom with me. I know this is kind of childish and I just should've asked you but like I wanted it to be special. You don't have to say yes I was just-" he stops me from talking by kissing me. He gets on top of me so he is sitting on my lap. He breaks the kiss and holds my head in his hands. I'm just starting at him in shock of what he just did. "Of course I'll go to prom with you dummy" we both laugh. "You're so amazing" I say. He gets off my lap and sits on the blanket waiting for me to lay down so he can lie on my chest. He lays on my chest and my arms are wrapped around him. I stare at him while he looks at the sky which is now dark with stars. "You make me happy" I say. He looks up and smiles at me. "Love you too" this is perfect.