Part 14

Charlie's pov:

"Please don't go I need you" nick says whining and hugging me as I'm packing. "Nick I don't want to go either but I have to I order to graduate" I'm going on a trip to California for my college class I'm taking. We are going to this science lab and a hospital to see what it's going to be like when we are actually doctors. This is the last step I need to graduate college then I get to leave and become a real adult. "But what am I going to do without you" nick says. He is so dramatic it's ridiculous. "Oh my gosh it's only 3 days you will be fine, how about we spend the whole day together today since I leave tomorrow" nicks face gets so bright when I say this. He probably wants to go to a petting zoo or something related to animals. He is in his last semester of college too. The semester ends in two weeks. I don't know what's left for us after college. Or what the plans are. We haven't been dating that long it's been like a month I don't know if he will want to move in with me and I'm definitely not living with my parents again.  "Can we go to the zoo?" He says still hugging me from behind as I pack some clothes. I nod and he spins me around "nick you giant rugby jerk" I say laughing. "Come on let's go!" He says putting me down and grabbing my hand and we go out of the door to the zoo a couple blocks away. Our dorm is in a busy area with a lot of places around it. We have a mall, a bunch of restaurants, a grocery store, and zoo. I'm wearing a baggy pair of light colored ripped jeans, a long sleeve black shirt and over that I am wearing one of nicks rugby jerseys. Nick next to me is wearing a pair of light blue sweatpants and a graphic t shirt for some old band he listened to. We finally get to the zoo and we are waking through the entrance. I can't stop thinking about life after college if there is even going to be one. "Charlie!" Nick says and it sends me out of my thoughts "sorry yeah what was that" I say. "Should we get day passes or just for an our or two" I didn't hear the last part of what he said still thinking about my future. Our future. "Oh uhm day pass works I know you want to see all of the animals" I say waiting for him to buy them. He buys the tickets and grabs my hand as we walk into the zoo. When you first walk in you see a big sighn that says 'zoo' in capital letters, a bench by trees, two baths that lead you to different parts of the zoo, and a bunch of restaurants that the zoo offers. "So what should we do first?" I ask Nick knowing what his answer will be already. "The petting zoo obviously" he says sarcastically. I laugh and we start walking hand in hand to the petting zoo. As we are waking I decide this is when I'll ask him what's been on my mind. "Nick. Have you been wondering what's for us after college, I obviously want us to be together but do you or is this just a casual college hook up thing witch if it is I won't be mad I just want to know because I had plans for us after, but if you don't I would completely understand-" I forget that I'm just going on and on and he interrupts me which is probably a good idea before I say something I'll regret. "Of course you're not a casual hook up babe I literally imagine us being together forever" he says before talking again. "I have been thinking about that but clearly not as much as you, I love you with everything and I would love to hear those plans of yours" he says smiling at me while we are still waking. I smile back and start to speak again. "Well I was thinking that maybe we could get an apartment, I know we have been together for that long but we have known each other our whole lives and you have a 50,000 dollar trust fund from your parents and I have money from my caffe job and with that we should be able to afford one. And I don't want to move back in with my mom and you don't want to move in with your brother so I think that works out pretty well. Unless that's a crazy idea cause if not we don't have to" I say out of breath because I said all that without taking a second to breathe or think. "Sounds like a plan" he says and it makes me feel so happy inside. I get to live with the man of my dreams And be with him forever. Sounds like another win for Charlie.

Nicks pov:
We get to the petting zoo and I'm so exited. Not only to pet the pets but also to live with Charlie. I grab Charlie's hand again because he looks a little tense being with all these animals. He is just not a petting zoo, animal lover guy like me. We sit down in a pen with all the animals and cuddle them. It's so fun. After that we go see some giraffes and feed them. That was probably the highlight of my day it was so amazing. There is something just so fascinating about giraffes. I know today is going to be great. And I have a surprised planned already for when Charlie gets back. He gave me this amazing date so you know I have to top that.

Authors note-
So you guys might notice in the next few chapters I'm not going to write my fanfic on the things other people do. I love a lot of other heartstopper fanfics they are all great but they aren't always accurate to the way things are but people do it because they think it's more entertaining which in some cases it is but others not so much. First of all something I see a lot of other authors do is make Charlie all about his mental health and anorexia. Those are some big struggles in Charlie's life but that's not what Charlie is and everyone in like every chapter is making him cut himself when in reality it's not really like that. People are also making Charlie's mom be abusive and like she hates her son, when in reality she is trying to protect her son. Has she done some not okay stuff yes but that's only because her mom abused her and she wants the best for Charlie. Anyway my point is I'm not like other authors and I won't be writing like them so don't think you're going to get something you aren't. Anyways love you bye!!!!!