Chapter 4: Muriel's backstory / How Siobhan and Jacquie came to life

Muriel brushed her hair a bit and started to talk how she created her two friends, "It all started in 1994, the city of Macon, Georgia. The year where I was originally a friendless, lonely girl," She said when she remembered how she used to be friendless in her childhood, "I was four years old and I felt so small and sad. I tried to say hello to those children, but they never look at me. One day, I realized that creating a friend would make me happy, and then, I went home and started to create my first friend, a paper doll. I picked up scissors, colored pencils and I created clothes to look perfect and special. I added yellow color for the hair and the eyes and the purple color for the hair dye. I colored the clothes and I said to the paper doll."

"I'm gonna make you look dressed, paper doll," said young Muriel.

"Hours later, I dressed the paper doll and I gave her a name named after a member of Bananarama," said Muriel, "Her name was Siobhan."

"And this is me, allright?" said Siobhan.

"Named after Siobhan Fahey?" Maureen was confused.

"Yeah! I felt happy that I created my first female friend and we were inseparable!"

"Whoa...Siobhan was a paper doll?" said Holly.

"That's right, Holly!"

"That's pretty nice!" Verena was amazed as she grabbed Siobhan's hand, "You're made of paper..."

"Verena! No antics!" Lisa scolded her.

"Sorry..."

"Okay, may I tell you how I created my second friend?" said Muriel as she resumed her backstory, "When we were playing tea, I realized that two girls weren't good enough for me."

"Weren't good enough?" Jacquie asked.

"And then, what?" Siobhan appeared behind her.

"Hey!"

"I realized that I needed one more female friend for company. And then, I collected wooden pegs and I started to create my second friend. I've added a head with black hair, dark yellow eyes, a mouth and I painted a choker on its neck," Muriel explained how she created Jacquie. After she stared at her work, she talked to Siobhan, "What do you think, Siobhan?" She asked before staring at the peg wooden doll in the unfinished state, "I know, I know, let's give the final touches."

"It sounds embarrassing when you find me unfinished, girl," Jacquie crossed her arms.

"I added clothes made from fabric and I gave the peg wooden doll a nu-gothic look. I named it Jacquie, named after singer Jacquie O'Sullivan from Bananarama," Muriel continued, "We spent time together and we love each other very much. Siobhan and Jacquie were special for me. Until one night, I wished for a shooting star and I wished that Siobhan and Jacquie would come to life. My wish came true when the shooting star answered my wish. At morning, I encountered Siobhan and Jacquie as human girls and I felt surprised when they started to sing!"

Siobhan:

Watch out, world!

Here comes Siobhan!

Yeah!

This is me! Siobhan!

I'm a girl who is different from paper dolls

Not gonna lie, 'cause I'm on a roll

You know me, I'm gonna tell ya