Chapter 16: Dressed for the New Wave themed party

"Gah! Siobhan!" Jacquie frustratedly adjusted her hair before seeing Holly and gasped, "Holly! Is that you-"

"No, wait! That's not Holly! She is just a rag doll trying to fit in!" Brooke stopped her from seeing her friend again.

"Listen, Beverly! This is not what you think! You're not famous, popular or awesome! Didn't your father told you this?" Lisa explained.

"I don't mind about my father, Lisa. He said that I felt like a nobody!" Beverly stated, "I told him that I'm awesome! If you don't mind, I'm organizing a party with a New Wave theme! All the guests are coming dressed in New Wave clothing and you, Holly, that nerdy girl, the rapping porcelain girl, the prodigy girl, the dumb blonde one, the valley girl, the girl with the black hair, the black and the petite one, stay out of my way!"

"Not without Siobhan!" Holly crossed her arms.

"We'll see about that!" Lisa furiously walked away, with her friend following her.

"Ah, don't worry. Tomorrow night, you'll see!"

The following morning, the campus has flyers announcing Beverly's party, which was about to start tonight. The students picked up the flyers and stared at them, urging them to wear New Wave clothing. Lisa, Holly, Maureen, Verena, Mallory, Nikki, Portia, Bailey, Vivian and Rita were confused why their classmates are feeling eager about the party. Along the way to the classroom, they encountered a girl carrying a flyer.

"Hey, you! Will you tell us what's going on?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah! About the party tonight!" said Holly.

"Beverly placed a flyer announcing a party in her residence hall! She was disguised as Holly and told them to show up dressed in New Wave clothes from the 80s!" The girl replied.

"This is terrible!" Maureen was shocked.

"What about Siobhan?" said Bailey.

"That's pretty insane, man! What's goin' down?" Portia asked.

"I don't know! But, here's one thing: No one is allowed to the party wearing clothes who are not New Wave!" The girl warned them before walking away.

In a moment of silence, the girls looked at each other, fearing that Siobhan, Muriel and Jacquie could stay friends with Beverly. But, the rag doll, with her hand on her chin, began thinking while her friends began discussing.

"What are we going to do?" said Nikki.

"This is getting, like, grody! Beverly is not awesome! She is all whatever!" said Vivian.

"And worse! She is delusional!" said Mallory.

"Always showing off!" Verena pulled down her pants once again.

"Verena, not now!"

"She's a danger to our campus!" said Rita.

"Girls, I know what to do!" Holly got herself an idea, "We gotta get to the party!"

"To the party? But, where we'll go to that party?" Maureen asked.

"We know that Beverly is the one disguised as Holly. But, we're going to the party wearing New Wave clothes from the eighties!" Lisa suggested.

Later, the girls opened their closets in their rooms and found some new wave clothes from the 80s. They smiled in determination as each girl began wearing the outfit suitable for the party. Lisa has put a orange t-shirt, a pink vest, blue drainpipe jeans and white sneakers. Holly wore red and white bangles, a red dress with white dots held by a pink thick belt and still wore her trademark stockings and heeled shoes. Maureen has put a blue sleeveless shirt with a yellow skinny tie and combed her hair into a wavy style and wore yellow pants identical to hers and purple sneakers. Verena has put a green t-shirt, baggy blue jeans, a necklace with green pearls and red sneakers. Mallory has put a red band tee, a green pencil skirt and red ankle boots. Nikki has put a pink denim jacket, a pink crop top and light blue drainpipe jeans. Portia has put a purple leather jacket, a teal shirt, purple denim pants and a pin with her catchphrase on the jacket. Rita wore a orange shirt with three circles and black pants. Bailey has put a brown vest, a green shirt, red denim shorts and black boots, and finally, Vivian has put a red leather jacket with her name on her back, a pink pencil skirt and a magenta t-shirt. And then, after being dressed for the party, the girls have left their room, confidently.

"We're dressed for the party!" said Holly.

"And super New Wave, girl!" said Lisa.

"Don't worry. I feel comfortable that my parents have met each other in a nightclub from the eighties before I was born," Maureen stated.

Later, That night, the party began in the residence hall. The students were dressed in New Wave clothes and were allowed to come inside and enjoy the party. Beverly was dancing along with Siobhan, Muriel, Brooke and Jacquie, with the other students dancing as well.

"Wow! Isn't that nice, Holly? I feel more alive like a living paper doll!" said Siobhan.

"Of course, Siobhan! Thanks to you, this is the best party!" said Beverly.

"You convinced me to dance very well," said Jacquie, "If Holly were here to see this party..."

Outside the party, Lisa, Holly and their friends are on their way to the party, wearing their New Wave clothes, "We gotta get to the party and bring Siobhan, Muriel and Jacquie to us," She said.

"Sure, Holly! When you start dancing on the stage, people will finally recognize you!" Lisa exclaimed.

"Say, rag doll, are ya sure this is a good idea?" said Portia.

'That'll do, Portia."

"Girls, where are you going?" Kyle appeared along with Mel.

"Kyle, I don't have time to explain, but, I'll tell you, Beverly was disguised as me and she has Jacquie, Siobhan and Muriel on her side!" Holly explained to Kyle.

"Who is Siobhan? She is a..."

"A paper doll!" Vivian and Mallory shouted in unison.

"A paper doll? With New Wave genre?" Kyle was confused.

"Her name is Siobhan, Kyle," said Mel.

"And not just Siobhan! Muriel has another friend and her name is Jacquie!" said Lisa.