Chapter 5: Muriel's photo album

"Yeah, she is our friend. Can you blame her? I don't think so," said Lisa.

"Ha! Who cares? It's nice to meet you girls!" said Muriel.

The girls walked away as the other three girls watched them leaving. They felt happy that they met their new classmates when they went into a building, which is the school of biology where students attend, "Did you girls see that? Muriel Furlowski, Siobhan and Jacquie are in our campus!" Holly exclaimed, "They are girls! One is a human girl and the other two are dolls!"

"Wow! They're like us, girl! Humans and dolls are the best! Ya better believe that!" said Portia.

"Jacquie is a peg wooden doll and Siobhan is a paper doll!" said Bailey.

"I never had a doll, but, Beverly never had one doll in her childhood," stated Rita as she saw Beverly trying to shake the cheerleaders' hands, only to be ignored by them, "She tried to say hello to the cheerleaders over there."

"Oh, that's right! The cheerleaders!" Holly giggled, "Hello!"

"Hello, Holly!" The cheerleaders greeted her back.

"Well, just shake my hands if you want!" Beverly tried to convince them to shake the cheerleaders' hands again.

"Sorry, Holly is the most awesome girl who sings. Except you," said the first cheerleader.

"But, I'm awesome! The awesome girl!"

"Beverly, what are you talking about?" said Brooke, "The cheerleaders did not want to shake your hand."

"They like me! I'm the awesome girl, Brooke! Get it?" Beverly has put her hands on her hips, "They see me, joking around and playfully punching each other on the arm."

"They don't like you at all."

The girls walked on the streets of the campus, discussing about their plans for summer, "At summer night, we'll have charades and we'll choose a theme for a theater play!" stated Holly, "We can do what we want, right?"

"That's brilliant, Holly!" said Lisa.

"I used to have charades when I was a kid!" claimed Bailey.

"When are we going to see Muriel and her friends again?"

Later, at night, Lisa, Holly and their friends are studying together. They laughed and giggled while they focused on their studies in their textbooks. Muriel is in the room 301, studying as well, while Siobhan and Jacquie are listening to their favorite music genres, "Do you have any calculations in there, Maureen?" She asked Maureen.

"Six plus one equals seven" Maureen replied.

"Pretty smart, girl," Holly chuckled.

"What about that one?" Verena pulled down her pants, revealing her shorts again in front of her friends, "What? I thought that you girls found this funny!"

"Verena, will you pull up your pants? We're studying!" Lisa chided her.

"Oh, right, right. What about you, Lisa?" The blonde girl pulled up her pants before snatching Lisa's jeans.

"Verena, don't do that!" Lisa snatched it back.

"Eleven minus one equals what?" said Nikki.

"Equals ten, Nik," said Bailey.

When the girls kept studying, Muriel, Siobhan and Jacquie came to the room to talk to them. They felt nervous since that they never went to the room where Holly and her friends are, "Girls, do you want to see something?" Muriel asked.

Later, the girls began seeing Muriel's photo album consisting of happy memories of herself, Siobhan and Jacquie. She flipped the cover to reveal the photos of Muriel's family, "Gosh! It's your family!" Holly exclaimed.

"Is that you?" Bailey felt curious as she has put her hand on her chin.

"Absolutely!" said Siobhan.

"Look at that photo!" Mallory pointed to a photo of Muriel, Siobhan and Jacquie doing silly faces, "Silly faces!"

"You weren't doing that crazy expression, Jacquie!" Siobhan punched her playfully.

"C'mon, Siobhan, admit it, I was terrible," Jacquie blushed as she covered her own face with embarrassment.

"Look at that face! She is ashamed, dawg!" Portia stated jokingly.

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!" Vivian teased her.

"Stop it, Vivian!" Jacquie still looked embarrassed.

"Gee, Muri, is that your parents?" Holly picked up a photo of Muriel and her parents.

"Those are my parents. The one with the half-bald hair is my father and the other one is my mom, with the curly hair," said Muriel, "My dad used to be clumsy. He tried to do everything right, like, cutting a roast chicken for dinner or attempting to set the television."

"That's pretty nice, Muriel."

"My friend Muriel loved to sing new wave songs every day!" Siobhan exclaimed.

"That's nice, Siobhan! Do you have a family?" The rag doll asked.

The paper doll felt nervous as she talked to her, "I don't have parents. Feels like I'm the adopted daughter of Furlowski family."

"Don't be fooled...But, I don't have parents either," said Jacquie.

"That's because we're living dolls, girls!"

"Right!" said Lisa.

The girls laughed happily as they kept seeing the photos in the photo album. Beverly is in her own room along with Brooke, taking photos of herself and giving them a like, despite not being awesome and wonderful than Holly, "I love being me, Brooke!" She said as she kept taking photos before sending one of them to the social media, "See my photo? They got me the likes!"

"Bev, I don't think how your photos were enjoyable. They were disliked," said Brooke as she showed her the number of dislikes.

"Brooke! I always joke around when people talk to me and say things like: "Hi, Beverly, how you doing?", "Hello, Beverly! How was your family?" and "Hiya, Beverly, wanna come to my house today?"

After a few seconds of silence, the girl with brown hair talked to her, "The students didn't talk to you, Beverly," She said when she pulled out her teen magazine from her pocket, "Whenever I see Holly in the stage, I see her flying and landing when she looks at her fans!"

"Ha! Who wants to be the fan of a living rag doll?"