Chapter 3

Alastor got outside (Y/N)'s house, wiping down his clothes to make sure he looked presentable as he knocked on the door only for her Father to answer it. He took a step back instinctively, as he raised an eyebrow in concern, but chose to ignore it.

"Aah, Alastor. Glad you could come over. Come in." He let the boy in as he walked instead and saw Bosco whining and wagging his tail happily as (Y/N)'s Mother held him by the collar so he doesn't knock Alastor over. "(Y/N) is upstairs." Nick told him, not really happy with the visit that they planned. "Maya will up with some snacks soon. Go on now."

"Thank you, sir." Alastor smiled a little before walking up the stairs and Bosco followed silently as he entered her room. "(Y/N)? You okay?"

"Alastor!" (Y/N) was layed down on her back smiling over at her best friend. "You came over. How are you?"

"I'm okay." He smiled a little and sat on the bed, Bosco joining as well and laying his head on (Y/N)'s knees gently. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. My hip is healing slowly, and sitting up is a pain."

"I'm really sorry, you know, dear? I didn't think something like that was going to happen." Deep down, killing that hunter made Alastor feel bloodlusted and he wanted to do it again, but not just to a random person, but to his own Father.

"I know you're sorry, but it is both of our faults for doing it." (Y/N) giggled before leaning over to turn the radio on and setting it to a low volume. "Do you want to read a book with me?"

"Of course!" He layed next to her after grabbing a random book from her bookshelf. "Is this book okay?" She nodded and smiled up at him. Such a gentleman. "Alright then..." As he started to read, Bosco had fallen asleep and (Y/N)'s Mother brought some snacks up, giving them a small smile and wave before leaving them alone to enjoy the time together after the amount of stress.

---

"How are they up there?" Nick asked curiously, sipping on a coffee he had recently made for himself and his wife. She sat down in the opposite chair and started to drink her coffee before speaking.

"They seem to be doing fine. Bosco is fast asleep on the bed- thank you for giving him more free roam of the house because of the injury. Alastor is reading a book to (Y/N) with the radio on, so I think they're doing fine. He seems like a nice gentleman." Maya explained as Nick hummed, thinking that if this keeps up, they might actually be good for each other for the future of their lives. Times were hard at the moment, but they have to make do with it.

"Yeah... I suppose he is better than what I thought of him. I'm just very defensive over (Y/N), you know?"

"I understand, Nick." Maya smiled and sat down next to him. "Whatever they want to do, I'll support them."

"As long as our little girl is happy."

---

"(Y/N)?" Alastor closed the book quietly after placing the bookmark inside.

"Yes?"

"What do you think of me? I mean of the way I look?" He looked at her seriously, readjusting his glasses.

"Unique. I never seen anybody like you before. It makes you special, and I lo- like you a lot for it. You're also the kindest friend ever."

"Unique and special? I only ever heard that from Momma." He chuckled to himself as (Y/N) looked down at his forearm which had the sleeved rolled up only to see a fresh cut.

"Al?" He looked at her and looked at what she was looking at before pulling the sleeve down, looking away, no longer in a happy mood due to his facial expressions. "Alastor..." He sat up and then stood up, sorting his attire out. "You can tell me, you know? I won't judge." All he did was turn his head to look at her and smiled sadly.