Chapter 8

21 years later~

Life has been... Interesting. Many things have changed since that horrible night at the Hartfelt's house. Rosie has died four years ago. Alastor said it was bad food poisoning, but he also think she was killed somehow. Mimzy has decided to open her own club in New Orleans because she feels the most home, and has made many friends despite her reputation.

(Y/N) has made another criminal friend. Her and Alastor were on holiday one time and she bumped into some dude who was dressed white, purple and black. He was from an Italian crime family. His name was Anthony, but no last name was given or said. The poor dude did drugs as well, but she wouldn't be surprised if it was from the stress of being born in such a family.

Alastor had killed and ate many more times over the years as he got older. He also opened up his own radio stations and did broadcasts every day besides Sundays since that day is a requirement to have off. He now does hunting for deer since venison was heard to be pretty good.

Bosco had sadly passed away back in 1920. The Great Dane lived to be 14 years old, but sadly died due to cancer in the stomach which was sadly untreatable. (Y/N) had his ashes and had them in a wooden box above the fire place and had a black and white photo framed up above it as rememberance of the good dog.

(Y/N) has basically committed a crime but habouring a murderer and a cannibal in the household, but she didn't care. Alastor loved her, and she loved him, and they promised to protect each other. No matter what. They still haven't got intimate with each other due to Alastor panicing every time things got further than neck kissing. She didn't know why he felt so uncomfortable with the idea of doing it, but overall, she supported him.

It has also been 13 years since they've been married to each other. Alastor took (Y/N) out to dinner one night, walked to a fountain in the park and proposed below the glimmering stars and moonlight. That was the best day ever.

To make things even worse, (Y/N)'s Father had passed away due to illness. He fell ill many years ago, but still worked hard to provide for his home, so now (Y/N)'s Mother wouldn't struggle by herself for a long time.

Benny was now working hard with his girlfriend and first son, with the help of Mother. She offered (Y/N) support, but she knew Benny would've been more thankful with it since he had a kid and wasn't a criminal like Alastor who could snap out of a form of jealousy.

---

"Hey, my dear." Alastor walked into the house to see a cup of hot, dark coffee on the table as he looked around and sat down, taking a sip, the heat not really bothering him much.

"Oh, hi, Ally!"

"What have I said about calling me that?"

"Okay, and?"

"Hmm." He gave her a look and continued to sip then coffee and looked at the TV that (Y/N) had bought to watch stuff. Alastor didn't even like the look of it. What was wrong with a good old radio broadcast. He shrugged to himself and relaxed from the day at work.

"How was work?" (Y/N) sat down next to him, placing a hand on his knee gently giving gentle rubs.

"Same as usual. Pretty good and everyone seems to be satisfied from the amount of comments I get off the streets." He chuckled and finished his coffee, placing it on the table in front of him. "What about you, dear?"

"Oh! Mimzy said I could have the week off since I haven't booked a holiday off in like 7 months."

"I suppose working is a way to get your mind off everything that has happened lately." Alastor stroked her hair as she rested against his chest. "I'm going hunting this evening, would you like to join me?"