The Great Carmine Talk

In Carmine Headquarters, in Carmilla's office, the overlord herself sits in her chair as Clara enters.

Clara: (calmly) You wanted me, Mom?

Carmilla: (calmly) Yes, I did. There's something I need to speak to you and Odette. Where is she?

Clara: (nervously) Mom, you know Odette's not in the talking mood after-

Carmilla: (interrupting) I don't need you to keep reminding me, dear.

Clara looks down in shame.

Carmilla: (concerned) I'm sorry, Clara. I just... don't like hearing about it. I'll try to get your sister to talk to me. Stay here will you.

Carmilla leaves the room to talk to Odette as Clara looks through a window, struggling to hold back tears.

-

Meanwhile, in an abandoned alleyway, Lute sits on the floor alone.

She missed Adam, the Exterminations, the glory. Now it was all gone. She did demand Lilith to go down and deal with Charlie, but that was a month ago. She had no allies, nobody to turn to. Everyone she trusted is dead. She was lucky to even be alive.

Figure: (calmly) Well, well, well, who do we have here?

Lute looks up as she sees a sinner, but this was not an ordinary sinner. He looked powerful, metaphorically and literally. Was he going to kill her, or do something much worse? She could run but... Lute welcomed death.

Lute: (defeated) What do you want?

Figure: (calmly) My name is Vox, Lead Overlord of the new era, and your best chance of survival.

Lute looks up at Vox hesitantly as he raises his arm. Lute hesitantly grabs it, and the next thing she knows, she finds herself teleported, seated inside a moving limousine opposite Vox.

Vox: (calmly) Would you care for a drink? You angels do have a big thing for wine, don't you?

Vox teleports a glass of wine into Lute's remaining hand. She feels uneasy. If this was an extermination, she would stab a spear through his flat screen head. He was a sinner after all. But Lute was weak; she couldn't fight even if she wanted to.

Lute: (nervously) What do you want?

Vox: (calmly) Simple. I want your help.

Lute: (nervously) Explain.

Vox: (calmly) Hell is going through some strange times. Everyone knows how to kill angels like you with ease. And as the CEO of Vox tech, I have plans to fill certain power vacuums. Unfortunately, recently my close friend Valentino has been killed by one of my competitors, Carmilla Carmine, the biggest weapons dealer across the seven rings. I want to drive her and her company straight to... bankruptcy.

Lute: (nervously) What do you want from me?

Vox: (calmly) I want to hire you. Judging by your uniform and your wings, you know how to use angelic weapons. I want your skills to help my company revolutionize the seven rings of Hell. In return, you will be given a daily salary to be one of the richest people in Hell. Do we have an accord?

Lute hesitates. The idea of working with a revolting sinner... but what choice did she have? She wanted revenge on Heaven and everyone in that hotel. Also, she couldn't live on the streets forever, could she?

Lute: (nervously) Yes, we do. I'm at your disposal, sir.

-

Meanwhile, back at Carmine headquarters, Carmilla knocks on Odette's door, but there is no response.