The Grinding Aftermath

The next day at the hotel, Charlie and Vaggie sit up in bed, the morning sunlight streaming through the windows of their room at the Hazbin Hotel. Despite the events of the previous day, a sense of peace and relief washes over them as they bask in the quiet of the moment.

Vaggie leans over, gently placing a kiss on Charlie's forehead, their bond stronger than ever in the wake of adversity.

Vaggie: (tenderly) We'll get through this, Charlie. Together, we can handle anything that comes our way.

Charlie squeezes Vaggie's hand, her heart swelling with gratitude for the love and strength her wife provides.

Charlie: (grateful) Thank you, Vaggie. I don't know what I'd do without you.

Vaggie: (smiling) You'll never have to find out. I'm here for you, always.

Suddenly, the door opens as Lucifer bursts in.

Lucifer: (awkwardly) Oh Charlie, I didn't think you and Vaggie were still in bed... you wanted to talk.

Charlie: (calmly) Yes, I do want to talk, Dad, about... Mum.

Lucifer: (nervously) Oh, listen, I'm sorry for not telling you about Lilith's deal with Adam.

Charlie: (shocked) She WHAT?

Lucifer: (nervously) Oh....

-

Meanwhile, Angel Dust sits at the bar, his eye gazing to where Husk would normally serve him a drink. The memory of Professor Cog killing him fresh on his mind as Clara approaches him sitting next to him.

Clara: (concerned) Hey, Angel. You seem a bit out of it. Everything okay?

Angel Dust: (sighs) Yeah, just... thinking about stuff.

Clara: (sitting beside him) Want to talk about it? You know I'm here if you need to vent.

Angel Dust: (hesitant) It's just... Husk, you know? He didn't deserve what happened to him.

Clara: (sympathetic) I know, Angel. Losing a friend like that is never easy. But you can't blame yourself for what happened.

Angel Dust: (struggling) It's just... I avenged his death, I killed Professor Cog, so why do I feel so... empty?

Clara: (comforting) It's normal to feel conflicted after something like this. You did what you had to do to protect yourself and the others. But that doesn't mean it's easy to deal with the aftermath. Grief is a complex emotion, Angel, and it's okay to feel lost or empty right now.

Angel Dust: (defeated) Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just hard to process everything sometimes, you know? Have you felt like that before?

Clara: (hesitantly) I wish, when myself and Odette were children, we only had each other, our mother homeschooled us, she never let us go outside and make friends. It felt in lack of terms as if we were on her leash. She cares about us a lot, but sometimes... I feel emptiness in her words as if she sees me as someone else. The only reason Odette became a genius in weapons and other complex stuff for the purpose of proving her worth to her. She was about to make history before... everything went downhill.

Angel Dust: (softly) I'm sorry to hear that, Clara. It sounds like you've been through a lot. It's tough when the people who are supposed to care for us don't always understand us or our needs. But you and Odette have each other, and that bond is invaluable.

Clara: (nodding) Yeah, we do. And despite everything, we're still here, still fighting. Sometimes, that's all we can do, keep going, keep fighting.

Angel Dust: (smiling faintly) Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Clara. I appreciate you listening.