Life Or Death

Jesus: (mockingly) Defeated, defenseless, and all alone. This will show my father I can handle anything. John, put these two out of their misery.

John: (determined) Yes, boss.

As John raises his sword to strike down Odette and Emily, a sudden burst of energy erupts from behind them, knocking John off balance. The unexpected force sends him stumbling backward.

Lucifer: (calmly) You think you can just waltz in here and do whatever you want without me knowing? Think again.

Jesus: (annoyed) Stay out of this, Lucifer.

Lucifer: (calmly) I'm sorry, but you forget whose turf this is. Now, why don't you and your lackey take a little stroll back to your heavenly abode before things get messy? Wouldn't want to upset the delicate balance, now, would we?

Jesus: (annoyed) I don't take orders from you. John, obliterate him.

John: (coldly) Yes, boss.

Lucifer: (calmly) Alright, you asked for it.

Suddenly, Lucifer summons an onslaught of arrows and fires them at the prince and his knight. Although John is able to slice and dice the ones firing from him, Jesus isn't so lucky as he falls to the floor in pain.

Jesus: (panicking) Ah, help me, John! He got me! Who knew pain could be painful in this day and age?

John: (concerned) Hold on, boss, I got you.

John helps the prince up.

Jesus: (panicking) I'm too dizzy to stand up. Where am I?

Lucifer: (calmly) Looks like you've had enough excitement for one day, Your Highness. Perhaps it's time to retreat back to your heavenly realm before things escalate further.

John: (urgently) Boss, we need to go now. We can't stay here any longer.

Jesus: (dazed) Yes... yes, you're right. Retreat... retreat!

Jesus and his goon teleport away as Lucifer kneels down to Emily's side where Odette is unconscious and bleeding heavily.

Lucifer: (concerned) Emily, are you alright?

Emily: (frantically) I-I'm fine, but Odette... she's hurt badly.

Lucifer examines Odette's wound, his expression growing grim as he kneels down to Emily's side where Odette is unconscious and bleeding... heavily.

Lucifer: (gravely) She needs immediate medical attention. Let's get her back to the hotel.

-

Meanwhile, in heaven, in the Prince's throne room, Alice looks at Jesus' wounds while John and Malkor watch.

Jesus: (panicking) The pain, my whole arm feels numb. I need a medic.