Playing With Hostages

In a quarry, Velvette and Lute wake up to find themselves tied up together on a wooden pole.

Sergeant Tread: (mockingly) Hello, ladies, feeling a bit tied up, I see?

Lute and Velvette look around, seeing a group of grinders and random demons scattered around the area.

Sergeant Tread: (mockingly) Looks like you two got yourselves into quite the predicament. Don't worry, I'll make sure you have a front-row seat to the big show.

Voice: (sternly) Sergeant Tread.

Sergeant Tread turns around to see Professor Cog behind him.

Sergeant Tread: (surprised) Yes, Professor?

Professor Cog: (calmly) I was not aware we were keeping prisoners.

Sergeant Tread: (calmly) Well, considering we're gonna be out here in the cold for the night, I thought we could use some entertainment

Professor Cog approaches Lute and Velvette, his gaze cold and calculating as he assesses the situation.

Professor Cog: (stoically) And what entertainment do you propose, Sergeant?

Sergeant Tread: (smirking) How about a little game, Professor? I've always been a fan of games.

Professor Cog: (curiously) Go on.

Sergeant Tread gestures to Lute and Velvette, who are bound to the wooden pole, their expressions defiant despite their predicament.

Sergeant Tread: (grinning) We let these two fight for their freedom. If they win, they go free. If they lose, well...

Professor Cog considers the proposal for a moment, his mechanical brain processing the potential outcomes with efficiency.

Professor Cog: (calmly) Intriguing idea. I suppose the Queen won't mind if we use these two for entertainment.

 I suppose the Queen won't mind if we use these two for entertainment

As the two villains talk, Velvette and Lute whisper to each other.

Velvette: (whispering) Did they say the queen? They're not talking about... you know who.