In The Driver's Seat

The night passes peacefully, with Emily and Odette nestled together in their shared bed, their breathing synchronized in the quiet of the room. As morning light filters through the curtains, Emily stirs awake, her eyes fluttering open to the sight of Odette's serene face.

Emily: (whispering) Good morning, beautiful.

Odette's eyes flutter open, a soft smile gracing her lips as she meets Emily's gaze.

Odette: (softly) Good morning, Emily.

They share a tender moment, basking in the warmth of their affection for each other. As Emily puts Odette's glasses on her, their peaceful morning is soon interrupted by the sound of a knock at the door.

Clara: (from outside) Emily? Odette? Are you awake?

Emily and Odette exchange a glance before Emily calls out in response.

Emily: (cheerfully) Yes, Clara, come on in!

The door creaks open, and Clara steps into the room, a bright smile on her face.

Clara: (excitedly) Good morning, you two! I hope I'm not interrupting anything.

Emily chuckles and shakes her head, sitting up in bed and patting the space next to her.

Emily: (teasingly) Of course not, Clara. Come join us.

Clara walks over and sits down on the edge of the bed, looking between Emily and Odette with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Clara: (playfully) So, how was your first night together? Did Emily hog all the blankets?

Emily blushes slightly, shooting Clara a playful glare.

Emily: (defensively) Hey, I'll have you know I sleep like an angel... because, you know, I am one.

Odette: (annoyed) Oh, really? I seem to recall someone talking in their sleep last night.

Emily's cheeks flush even brighter as she realizes she's been caught.

Emily: (sheepishly) Okay, maybe I did talk in my sleep a little bit.

Clara laughs, enjoying the playful banter between her sister and her sister's girlfriend.

Clara: (amused) Well, it sounds like you two had a fun night. But I actually came here to see if you wanted to join us for breakfast downstairs. Mom made pancakes.

Odette: (surprised) Mother is still at the hotel... and when did she learn to make pancakes?

Emily's eyes light up at the mention of pancakes, and she turns to Odette with a hopeful expression.

Emily: (excitedly) Pancakes, Odette! Can we go?

Odette smiles fondly at Emily's enthusiasm, nodding in agreement.

Odette: (affectionately) Of course, Emily. Pancakes it is.

A few minutes later, Emily and Odette, now dressed, walk downstairs to join everyone else in the restaurant area as Carmilla serves pancakes... for reasons.

Angel Dust: (confused) Can someone tell me why Carmilla Carmine is serving the hotel pancakes?

Vaggie: (calmly) I believe after yesterday, Carmilla just wanted to be nice.

Angel Dust: (sarcastically) Oh, how touching. The big bad overlord suddenly has a change of heart and decides to play housemaid.

Carmilla shoots Angel Dust a glare, but he just smirks back at her, unfazed by her intimidating presence.

Carmilla: (sternly) Watch your mouth, Angel Dust. I'm doing this because I want to, not because I have to.

Angel Dust rolls his eyes and takes a seat at the table, grabbing a pancake and stuffing it into his mouth.