Kabanata 7

KABANATA 7

Atasha's POV

I was busy all day at the restaurant, especially when a business meeting suddenly took place at La Cucina Celestine, our Italian-American restaurant. It is often visited by foreigners and well-known businessmen because I always maintain excellent service for customers.

I don't allow any delays or late serving of food by my employees. Furthermore, I also ensure that the ambiance in the restaurant feels like home. I want the customers to feel comfortable. Even the food needs to taste delicious, be cooked correctly, and be presented beautifully.

I am also busy in the kitchen because I monitor the chefs and the food they serve. If I see any misuse of utensils or incorrect slicing of meat, carrots, and other ingredients, I teach them. I am hands-on in my work, and I want everything to be perfect before serving it to people.

I am not strict with my employees when it comes to other things. But when it comes to cooking, everything must be done correctly, and I don't like mistakes. As the owner of the restaurant, I take pride in the quality of service and food we offer.

I ensure that my employees are well-trained and knowledgeable about the menu and the proper way to serve food. I also make sure that the restaurant is always clean and inviting, from the dining area to the kitchen. I believe that a good restaurant experience is not only measured by the food but also by the overall ambiance and service. That's why I always strive to provide the best for my customers.

The afternoon came, it was almost five o'clock, and I was getting ready to go home. And just then, my phone rang, and it was Elias calling. I hesitated whether to answer his call or not. But in the end, I still answered it.

"Hello?"

"I'm on my way there," Elias's quick response came from the other line.

"I'm done with work," I replied before remembering what Alphonsus said about the party. "Oh, by the way, the company is having a party tonight. Alphonsus invited me and told me to inform you."

"Yeah, I know, that's why I'll be coming home early to prepare before we go."

"Alright." I hung up the phone and couldn't help but feel excited for the party. It will be an opportunity to relax and have fun. I made a mental note to plan what I would wear and prepare when I got home.

Ilang minuto lang ang lumipas at dumating na si Elias. Hindi na kami nag-aksaya pa ng oras at agad na kaming umalis para umuwi. Sa buong byahe, nanatili akong tahimik at hindi siya kinausap.

"Shang, don't wear anything provocative. I don't want other men ogling at you. Don't wear anything sexy, just simple clothes," Elias suddenly broke the silence.

I looked at him for a moment. "Why should I wear simple clothes?"

"Will this lead to another argument between us, Shang?"

"I'm just asking," I insisted. "Why just simple clothes? This is a party, Elias. I should wear something amazing."

Hindi na sumagot si Elias, sa halip ay umiling na lang siya at nagbuntong-hininga. Pagkatapos noon ay hindi na siya nagsalita hanggang sa makauwi kami sa condo, tahimik pa rin siya. Hindi na rin ako nagtangkang makipag-usap, umakyat na lang ako agad para maghanda para sa sarili ko.

I ignored Elias' request and searched for an outfit that I was sure would turn heads. I refused to wear just a simple outfit, especially knowing that we were going to a grand event. I didn't want to look like Elias' maid at our upcoming gathering.

I picked out an outfit that I knew would complement me but wasn't too daring in design. And what I chose was this simple red dress that hugged my body and paired it with a dirty white coat. I also styled my hair by curling it and applying red lipstick and stilettos. I accessorized it with white pearl earrings, a gift from Elias on our fourteenth anniversary.