Kabanata 13

KABANATA 13

Atasha's POV

One day had passed since I gathered information about Jocelle, and now, I decided to personally visit her. I could see the tall building of Fantasia from here, where Jocelle works as a model. I quickly parked in the parking lot and got out of the car.

Fantasia is well-known for providing opportunities to those who aspire to enter the modeling world and also offers opportunities for newcomers who want to try their luck in this field. Many of those who have been featured by them now have careers in other countries, and Jocelle is one of them.

Based on the details gathered by Uncle Henry, Jocelle started her modeling career after returning from France two years ago. She showed determination to enter the industry even though she was still a beginner, and unexpectedly, the company's management gave her a chance.

There were rumors that someone paid for her to immediately get a big opportunity or 'big break' in the modeling industry. So, in a short span of two years, she became known and quickly had a successful career.

An article about her came out recently, and many claim that the reason for her rise in the industry is her skill in attracting wealthy businessmen. Not only that, there is also a powerful person supporting her to maintain her career.

This person is the one who always orders to remove rumors on social media about Jocelle, so you won't hear any gossip about her on television. That's why the article about the scandal involving her and Elias didn't last long on social media, as it suddenly disappeared from all social media platforms.

Even the accounts of the person who created it and those who made it popular got banned. I did some research about it, and it was correct; I couldn't find that article on any social media platform. It seems to have vanished without leaving any trace. I wonder who this person is who is helping Jocelle. It seems they have a significant influence.

Ngunit sa kabilang banda buo na ang loob ko na kausapin si Jocelle at offer-an ng malaking halaga para lamang layuan niya si Elias. Sigurado akong pera lamang ang habol niya kay Elias, kaya siya lumalapit. Ang ilang mga impormasyon nalaman ko tungkol sa kanya ay nagpapatunay na pera lang ang gusto niya.

Taas noo akong naglakad papasok sa malaking entrance ng building, may ilang empleyado ang tumingin sa akin, marahil ngayon lamang nila ako nakita rito. Dahil ito ang unang pagkakataon na umapak ako sa lugar na ito. Mabilis akong lumapit sa reception area upang magtanong.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes, ma'am. How can I assist you?"

"I have a schedule with Jocelle Sadejas."

"With Miss. Jocelle? Uhm, sorry, ma'am, but she is currently unavailable. They have a photo shoot today," tugon niya sa akin.

"Ganoon ba? Kung ganoon pwede ko bang makausap si Manager Lucy?" Si Lucy Acosta, ang istriktang manager ni Jocelle.

"I don't think so, ma'am. But if you don't mind, I will ask them first."

"Sure."

Pinanood ko ang babae na tumawag sa line at hinayaan siyang makipag-usap. Malipas naman ang ilang minuto ay tumingin ito sa akin, "Ano pong pangalan nila?"

"Atasha. Atasha Celestine, owner of La Cucina Cesletine."

"Okay na po, ma'am. Punta na lang po kayo sa third floor," sabi niya sa akin at nagpasalamat naman ako bago tinungo ang elevator.

When I reached the third floor, Lucy was waiting for me at the entrance, visibly anticipating my arrival. When she saw me, she immediately smiled and greeted me, "Atasha, dear! Good to see you here!" before we exchanged cheek kisses. "So, what brings you here? Have you had a change of heart?" she asked me. I've known Lucy for a long time; she was one of those who offered me a good opportunity in the modeling world before, but I refused her offer because my heart wasn't into strutting on the stage.