Kabanata 23

KABANATA 23

Atasha's POV

Natapos ang buong araw na trabaho, pagod akong umuwi sa condo. Hindi ko alam kung ano ba ang nakakapagod sa araw na ito, yung trabaho ba o yung sobra sobrang pag-iisip. As I sat on the sofa, a sudden thought crossed my mind - I felt like having fun tonight. I was tempted to go to the clubhouse and get drunk. Though I hesitated because it's not in my nature to go out at night, especially without Elias, I decided to proceed with my plan.

After taking a shower, I quickly got dressed. I put on a sexy night-out dress that fit me perfectly before I finally left the condo. This is the first time I'm going to the clubhouse without Elias. But for now, I'm going to try to party alone since he hasn't been home for several days and I have no idea where he's been staying.

Just a few minutes later, I arrived at the clubhouse that we often frequented during college. I entered and was immediately greeted by the loud music. As usual, the place was still bustling with people and the ambiance remained unchanged. I promptly took a seat at the bar island and ordered a martini from the bartender.

"Here you go, Ms. Gorgeous," said the bartender as he placed the martini in front of me.

The ice clinked against the glass as I swirled the martini, the olive glistening under the dim lighting of the bar. The familiar scent of the cocktail brought back a rush of memories from my college days. Despite the changes in my life, it felt comforting to know that some things, like this clubhouse, remained the same.

Napabuntong-hininga ako nang malalim bago ko tinungga ang matapang na alak na nasa aking baso. Dahan-dahan kong pinasadahan ng tingin ang buong paligid. Maraming tao ang masayang nasasayaw sa dance floor, at parang may nakalalakihang magnet na humihila sa akin patungo roon, na maki-indak sa ritmo ng tugtog. Bago ako tuluyang nagpasyang sumabay sa kanila, nag-order muna ako ng isang martini para dagdag lakas ng loob.

Nang mapadpad ako sa gitna ng dance floor, sumabay ako sa daloy ng tugtog. My head was almost bobbing uncontrollably due to the vigor of my dancing. However, after a few moments, the rhythm of the music suddenly changed. From the loud, energetic beats, it transitioned into a soothing melody and the pace of the dance slowed down.

I noticed that my dance companions were already looking for their respective partners for this slow dance. Unexpectedly, a man approached me, took hold of my waist, and we swayed together to the rhythm of the beautiful melody. His eyes were fixed on me as we danced under the lights that twinkled like stars.

As we moved, his grip on my waist tightened slightly, a silent promise of security. His eyes, a deep shade of brown, held a glint of amusement and an unspoken understanding. The world around us seemed to blur into the background, leaving just the two of us, lost in the music and each other's company. The sweet scent of his cologne was intoxicating, adding to the surreal feel of the moment.

I noticed that he stood tall, with a commanding presence. He had broad, muscular shoulders, and it was evident from his attire—a gray polo shirt with rolled-up sleeves—that he had a well-built body. There was something about him that I couldn't take my eyes off, as if they were magnetically attracted to him. I couldn't comprehend why sudden currents seemed to surge through my body whenever he approached me, drawing me closer.

Only Elias could evoke such feelings within me, but why did I feel this peculiar sensation with this unknown man?

Nang muling magbago ang ritmo ng tugtog, bigla niyang iniwan ako. Nais kong habulin siya, ngunit may isang taong humarang sa harapan ko. Nang tingnan ko ang lugar kung saan dumaan ang lalaki, wala na siya roon. Sa sandaling aalis na sana ako sa dance floor, may isang lalaki ang humarang sa akin at inalok ako ng sayaw, ngunit agad kong tinanggihan bago tuluyang lumayo.