Kabanata 17

KABANATA 17

Atasha's POV

I didn't let any item inside the condo pass by, I destroyed and shattered everything. I screamed, I cried, and I poured out all the anger and pain that I was holding in my chest. It's as if I were a bomb that exploded in an instant, and I didn't know how to calm myself down. I could feel the veins in my neck pulsating with anger, and in this moment, it was as if I didn't recognize myself. I was seething with rage!

I didn't pay attention to the pain caused by the wounds on my palms, which were now full of cuts and blood oozing from the bruises. Despite everything, I couldn't stop the tears from flowing along with the blood from my hands—both symbols of the physical and emotional pain I was feeling.

I silently watched Elias, but he didn't turn around and instead headed to the cellar to get some alcohol. He sat on the bar island and quietly poured alcohol into his glass. Some surge of emotion pushed me to approach him, grab the glass from his hand, and throw it on the floor, which halted him. I saw his jaw tighten, and he swallowed.

"Bakit mo pa hinayaang umabot ng labing-apat na taon kung sa huli ay ganito lang ang gagawin mo sa akin?!" sigaw ko sa kanya habang humihikbi, bago ako lumapit sa cellar at isa-isang hinablot ang mga bote ng alak doon, at isa-isa ko ring binasag sa harap niya. Nanatili siyang tahimik at hindi gumagalaw habang ginagawa ko ito. "Just break up with me! Don't cheat on me, just break up with me!" sigaw ko pa sa kanya.

Tila ba ang silid ay naging saksi sa isang tahimik na drama, kung saan ang bawat galaw at bulong ay may bigat na hindi maipaliwanag. Si Elias, na kanina pa nakaupo sa stool, ay tila hindi na makatiis sa bigat ng emosyon na bumabalot sa aming dalawa.

"Enough of this... Atasha," ang malumanay ngunit may diing sambit ni Elias. With his voice, a mixture of concern and determination to end the pain that I am feeling.

In those words, it felt like a rock gave way in my chest. I could not hold back, and I succumbed to intense sobbing. I tried to suppress my sobs, but I could no longer hide the pain. I took a deep breath and slowly walked towards the sofa. Here, I let the blood flow from my wounded hand, dripping onto the floor.

It didn't take long before Elias approached. As he sat beside me, I felt the concern in his eyes, but I did not return his gaze. He carefully reached for my bleeding hand and gently applied first aid using a damp white cloth. His movements were full of care, as if my hand were a fragile object he did not want to hurt further.

After he carefully treated my hand, he slowly handed me a glass of cold water. "Here, take this medicine to calm yourself," he softly said, his eyes full of concern as he handed me the glass and a small box of medicine.

No words came out of my mouth, I silently accepted what he offered and quickly drank the medicine before placing it carefully on the side table. The coldness of the water seemed to reflect the sudden chill in my demeanor towards him. I stood up, my feet feeling heavy and numb, and said, "I will rest now," my voice barely audible, a whisper before I turned away from him.

I felt his hesitation, and before I could completely move away, I heard his apology. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't say that," he murmured, but I did not look back at him. I just continued walking towards my room.

As I closed the door, I could no longer hold back and my tears flowed freely. I slowly sank on the edge of the soft bed, letting my tears flow freely. Each drop seemed to coincide with the pouring of the pain and weight I was feeling. Despite the silence of the room, my sobs seemed to echo, a testament to the pain I was holding inside.

Kinabukasan, maaga akong nagising nang walang ginamit na alarm, at agad kong naramdaman ang mabigat na pagpikit ng aking mga mata. Ang sakit na iniinda k9 ay muling bumalot sa akin; tila ba ang mahabang oras ng pahinga ay hindi sapat upang burahin ang mga alalahanin.