CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Silence

I apologize for not updating! Something bad happened and I don't wanna talk about it haha but it's alright now. I'm currently preparing myself for college because I only have a few days left. (NOOOOOOOOO!! TT___TT) I'm going to be busier than usual but like what I said, I'll always give time to update my story.

Anyway...this is just a very short chapter. I'm really sorry about this but I really did this on purpose. I'll make it up for the next chapter, which I'm about to complete! ;))))

-----------------------------

-3RD PERSON'S POV-

The fire was already extinguished before it could spread the whole mansion. The whole room was burnt, the furnitures and other objects were disintegrated.

The moment Subaru let Yui go, she hurriedly entered the room. The others came after her. Each one of them checked every corner of the place except Yui, who kneeled where she last saw her sister. No matter how much they searched, nothing was left but ashes.

Kanato noticed something glimmered and followed its light. "This is Subaru-kun's knife..." He handed it to Subaru.

Subaru furrowed as he tightly grasped the knife.

Silence filled the whole room until it was interrupted by Reiji. "I'll have this clean in the morning. For now, let us all rest."

Yui wasn't paying attention and kept staring at the floor.

"Bitch-chan," He put his hand on her shoulder. "he said that we need to go back to our rooms."

She stood up "Un..." and quietly left. Everyone followed, leaving Reiji who took one last glance at the place before shutting the doors.

It was a long night and a lot had already happened. All the surprises, secrets, and unexpected endings were just too sudden.

-YUI'S POV-

Two nights have passed since Izu-chan....

I snoozed my alarm and got up from bed, rubbing my puffed eyes. Dressed myself up in my uniform, there was something on my pocket. I took it out and it was the cross given to us by our father. 'No...that's enough.' I restrained myself from crying and headed towards the limo.

Reiji-kun was waiting outside. "Are you certain you want to attend school tonight?"

I timidly nodded.

"Very well then." He gestured me to go inside.

Everyone was there, silent; not saying a single word. You can read the dead atmosphere inside.

It was not long before we arrived. I walked with Ayato-kun and Kanato-kun as we walked to our classroom.

~Dismissal~

One of my classmates approached me. "Ne, Komori-san, are you okay?"

"Yeah..." I replied, not looking at her eyes.

"You were absent for a while and some of us were worried."

"Ah," I forced a smile. "sorry for making you worry. I'm alright now."

"I see! That's good to hear!" She smiled back. "Then, do you want to go to karaoke with us?"

"Umm..there's something important I need to do tonight. Maybe next time."

"Is that so? Okay then." She waved goodbye and so did I.

After that, I immediately went to the limo. The same atmosphere, the same silence.

"Laito, did the teacher look for Izumi?" Reiji-kun suddenly asked.

"Yeah.." Laito-kun wasn't his usual self. "I told sensei that she's sick and will be absent for a few days."

"Alright." Reiji-kun replied then it was quiet again.

-3RD PERSON'S POV-
~In the dining area~

Everyone, all in casual clothes, gathered for the dinner party. Many dishes were prepared that night but it seems no one had any appetite. Some were just playing with their food and some were staring at it.

"Mattaku. After I've prepared all of this..." Reiji sighed. "Let's just accept what happened already and have a decent meal."

Ayato slammed the table. "AS IF.....!" Lowering down his voice, "As if that's that's easy.........Tch. I have no time for this." He left instantly.

"I'm done." Subaru only ate a little then disappeared as well.

No one stopped them. Surprisingly, Shu was still there.

Yui took a bite. 'Even though the food looks delicious,' Her vision became blurry. 'I can't taste its flavor...' Tears fell as she chews.

They continued their dinner, even though they noticed her crying. After all, they felt the same.

One by one, each of them left. Yui was about to open her room when she looked at her sister's and decided to enter it.

Meanwhile.... (MEDIA--->)

Shu walked inside the music room but he wasn't there to sleep. He opened the fall board of the piano and gently touched the keys. He had his violin with him, positioned it, and began to play a sad tune.

By the lake, Ayato stood tall at the docks. His hands clutched furiously and released a loud scream to the night sky. "AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!"

As Reiji sat on the couch in his room, he put away his glasses and rested his chin on his hands with fingers entwined together. He moved his hands to his forehead, thumbs touching his temples.

In the room filled with mannequins, Kanato sat on the floor with knees against his chest "When mother died, I was overjoyed. I even warmed her body up...." He buried his head on Teddy. "but when Izumi-san died, I feel the total opposite of it. It hurts so much Teddy...I wonder why..."

Laito, removing his fedora, stared at the moon in the balcony. He stretched out his hand to it as he sighed.

Subaru was strolling at his mother's garden. Looking at the white roses kept reminding him of someone. He took out the knife from his pocket and sliced a rose with it. "Kusso! Kusso!" One rose after another. "Kusso!" All of its petals scattered the ground.

'How will I tell this to Otou-san...' Yui lay down on Izumi's bed, weeping. "Izu-chan....Otou-san..gomenasai...!" The pillows were soaked with her tears. "I couldn't save her...if only I had more courage...if only I wasn't weak...then maybe, it wouldn't turn out like this..."

Nights are supposed to be peaceful. After the loud noises of the day, night is the sweet welcome of silence .

---------------------------

I'll really make it up to you! I promise :D