CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Run

-THIRD PERSON'S POV-

Yui was ready to take his offer. It was the only way to get to her sister. The grin still plastered on Shin's face.

"DON'T YUI!" Subaru's voice yelled from behind her, he pulled her away just when her hand was barely inches away from Shin's.

"Tch. Just when I was getting close." His grin disappeared, only to be replaced by an irritated expression. The wind then became stronger.

Yui turned her head slightly to the side, only to be met with the pissed off face of Subaru. "Subaru-kun...?" Her face full of confusion. Her wrist still caught by the grip of the albino haired vampire.

Shin's golden red eyes began to glow as bright as the moon. "You're such a nuisance. Don't get in our way." He raised his hand then charged at Subaru.

Subaru was quick enough to dodge the attack, pulling Yui out of the away, but his arm got slashed

Subaru was quick enough to dodge the attack, pulling Yui out of the away, but his arm got slashed. "What the hell!?"

Shin wiped the blood dripping from his hand. "Wolf claws are pretty convenient, aren't they? Ahhh, but I'd rather want our little prey's blood than a fellow vampire's." A devilish smirk grew on Shin's face.

"Vampire?" Subaru and Yui were surprised.

"Ah. After all the trouble of concealing our identities, I go and blurted it out just like that. Nii-san's going to kill me." Shin was calm despite the intense atmosphere. "Oh well. It's not like we can hide it forever." He said, carefree of what his brother would do to him once he found out.

Subaru took a step forward. "But vampires don't have that kind of ability. What....are you?" He hesitated, unsure what kind of creature the man was and how much danger he presented.

Shin flashed his fangs in a grin. "Like I said..." He disappeared, only to reappear behind Yui in a second. "...I'm a vampire too."

Subaru's blood red eyes widened as he turned. "WATCH OU-"

Luckily, Yui was quick enough to swing her sword, but only to get the tip of the blade caught between Shin's two fingers. "Nice reflex."

Yui exerted more force into pushing her sword towards Shin, who was simply smiling at her as if he enjoyed seeing her struggle.