CHAPTER FIVE: Music to my ears

-IZUMI'S POV-

"I can't believe we need to go to this stupid dinner party." I complained to Yui.

"Well, we can't do anything about it Izu-chan. It's Reiji's orders after all."

I sighed in defeat "Fine."

When we arrived the dining area, everyone was there on their respective chairs wearing casual clothes. Yui and I were also wearing casual clothes. She was wearing her pink off-shoulder top, brown shorts and boots while I'm wearing my violet short-sleeves blouse with black stripes, my black jeans, and violet converse. I wore my cross necklace as an accessory.

I sat next to Yui, "Itadakimasu" I said then began eating

"Why aren't you eating anything Bitch-chan? You need to eat more or else you'll become anemic. Want me to feed you?~" Laito was suddenly next to Yui.

"No she doesn't. Just stay away from her and go back to your seat Laito." I answered him instead of Yui.

"Aww. Is Prim-chan getting jealous? Want me to feed you too?~"

"Shut up playboy. I'd rather starve to death than be fed by you."

"That's so mean Prim-chan. You don't have to be sh-"

"Laito." Reiji butted in. This made Laito go back to his seat. 'Hah! In your face playboy!'

I noticed Yui still hasn't touched her food so I wishpered to her. "Yui-chan, Laito's right, you'll get sick if you don't eat properly. And besides, he'll come back if you will not start eating soon." She snapped out of her thoughts "Itadakimasu" she said then started eating.

I looked at where she was staring a while ago, it was Shu who had his eyes closed. I was disgusted by his attitude, even I'm not this boorish. So, I stood up and tapped his shoulder to wake him up. "Hey you! Do you know how rude it is to sleep in front of food?"

"And do you also know how rude it is to get to your feet during a meal?" Reiji interrupted.

'WTF!? I'm the one doing the right thing here and I'm the one getting scolded!?' I thought. 'I just want to tell him that what he's doing is bad manners."

"And I'm here to tell what you're also doing is bad manners. And if someone is to scold that deadbeat about manners, shouldn't it be the least coming from you?"

'Screw you Reiji!' I wanted to say to him but then, Shu stood up. "Shu-san?" Yui asked.

"This is a pain." Shu said then left the room.

"That lazy deadbeat. He won't even make an effort to attend our monthly dinner party." I heard Reiji said that after Shu left.

"Is Shu always like this?" I asked Reiji but he didn't answer my question, instead he said. "That is all for today." Everyone stood up immediately and left. Yui and I were the last one to leave, but before we could walk out the room, Reiji spoke again "Izumi, your table manners are deplorable. One day I will punish you thoroughly..."