CHAPTER TWENTY: Strength

-3RD PERSON'S POV-

"THEY TOOK HER AWAY!" Kanato clenched his fists. "I WAS TOO LATE."

"Izu-chan..." Yui gently picked up Teddy.

Subaru began throwing the objects and furnitures inside. No one could say a word.

Ayato was about to leave until Reiji stopped him. "If you're planning to do something reckless, don't do it."

"And what!? You expect me to just wait here!?" Without hearing Reiji's reply, he left.

"I WILL FIND THEM! I'LL FIND IZUMI-SAN!" Kanato followed. "THEN I'LL KILL THEM."

Subaru had enough wrecking the place and decided to search too, "Reiji." but punched a wall before he could. "Looking for her where there still might be a chance isn't something reckless. Stop telling us what to do when you, yourself aren't doing anything right now and just standing there barking orders as always." Then, he's gone.

Reiji sat on a chair. "I suppose we are the only ones who knows how to think first."

Shu leaned on the wall. "As much as I hate it, I have to agree with you. If we don't know where to look first, we would be just wasting time."

"I'm not surprised how you easily understand this." Reiji scoffed. "Considering the one that happened before."

Laito and Yui, with Teddy in her arms,  silently watched.

"What Subaru and the others are doing aren't wrong too. I badly want to be mad and be violent like them since I also want to find her fast. I want to get her back. I would.....if I could."  Ignoring Reiji, Shu opened the doors. "I'm going home first."

Yui couldn't understand what he meant or what Reiji was talking about but she kept her mouth shut.

Reiji controlled himself from cursing Shu and focused on the matter at hand. "It's best if we all go back to the mansion. I'll be excusing all of us tonight and while I'm gone, Laito, watch over that woman and go back to the limo."

Laito nodded and did what they were told. Yui noticed that Laito has been completely silent but his hands clutched furiously.

"Laito-kun, I-"

"Bitch-chan. Please. Don't talk to me right now." He didn't even looked at her even though they were right next to each other.

~

On their way home, Reiji, Yui, and Laito were the only ones inside the limo.

"You're unusually calm about this." Reiji broke the silence.