CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: Trust

-IZUMI'S POV-

The moment I saw the place, my feet moved on its own. 'No way. No way. No way.' The words kept repeating on my mind.

"Raion-chan!" Kou yelled but I ignored it.

Nothing was more important than this. Still shocked, I unconsciously hugged the first person I saw. "Shu....!" It didn't matter who was there, I'm just glad I'm back here. "T-Tadaima..."

He didn't move for a while as I continued to cry but he soon returned my embrace. "Okaeri Izumi. "

For a moment, we stood like that, completely ignoring the eyes that were set on us. "You're really here." He whispered.

I nodded, still at loss for words.

"That's enough for a reunion." Yuma appeared, trying to grab me.

Shu pulled me closer. With a murderous stare, he warned him. "Don't. Touch. Her."

Yuma put his hand down, glaring back at Shu

Something tells me that I shouldn't get in between these two but then I saw Azusa and Kou at the side, still supporting Ruki. I went in front of Shu and bowed to him.

"Shu! I know this is really weird of me to ask but can you help them? Please?"

"Izumi? What are you-"

"Onegai!" I refuse to lift my head. "I know they are the ones who kidnapped me but they are also the ones who helped me escape. They are hurt because of me and believe it or not, they protected me. I know it doesn't make sense but please trust me on this. Please Shu!"

"Izumi... " Yuma was still there by the side.

"I trust you, Izumi. Always." Shu said with a gentle tone as he placed a hand on my arm, causing me too look up at him. "But I'm not the only one you should ask this. Hurry and go inside, they're waiting." He flashed me a soft smile then faced Yuma with the opposite expression.

"I'm going with her." Azusa boldly spoke up.