CHAPTER TWO: You can never escape from us

Why? Why didn't they notice me at first? Their senses are incomparable to ours...so why?

-Yui's POV-

"V-vampires?" I can't believe they exist. My whole body was shaking as I was still kneeled on the floor. I looked at my sister next to me who has'nt move for a while.

"Izumi..." I called out to her but she didn't seem to hear me.

'She must be really frightened knowing that they're vampires. I can't let her be like this!' I thought.

So I stood up, took my pink cross necklace from my pocket and raised it, facing those creatures.

-Izumi's POv-

"Stay away! Don't come near us!" Yui shouted that made me snap out of my thoughts.

"Yui..." I said still surprised by her bold act.

"Don't worry Onee-san, I'll protect you too!"

"Yui.." I can't seem to find the right words to say.

'What are you doing Izumi!? Now is not the time to think about nonsense things! I should be the one protecting Yui from these monsters!' I mentally punched myself.

"Honestly, do you really think-"

"That doesn't really work Yui. Sad to say that those things about vampires being vulnerable to garlics and holy objects, or they get burn when touched by sunlight are not true. They are all just bunch of fairy tales created by old people." I said to Yui, not even giving a chance to let Reiji finished what he was about to say.

"I'm sorry..I didn't know.." Yui said.

"It's okay Yui and thank you for protecting me. Now, it's my turn again." I smiled enough for only her to see.

"And here I thought humans are foolish. I guess not all of them are. Tell me, how come you know all of this?" Reiji asked me.

"I love to read books and most of them involve vampires. But, there is one that I really didn't like." I replied. I can't believe Reiji complimented me so I was smiling inside.

"Why didn't you like it?"

"Ugh, there are so many reasons why. Let's just say, it took all the fear and excitement out of Vampires. I mean, what kind of vampire sparkle in the sun? Not only that it ruined the image of vampires but also women. Oh, and they even made a movie about it! Unbelievable!" (A/N: I'm sorry if there are twilight fans out there xD)

Reiji's face looked annoyed. "This is how we are represented nowadays? Humans really are foolish and arrogant. It makes me furious."

I can see how serious and disgusted he is. He was looking at us like we're filthy garbages.

'Ugh! How could I forget the fact that they're vampires! Stupid me!'

Yui suddenly reached for my hand and squeezed it really hard. I turned to look at her. Poor Yui, she's trembling with fear. I can't take this anymore. I began running with Yui behind me, not letting go of each other's hand.

Before we left the room, I heard Reiji's voice. "Your manners are very deplorable." then We continued running.

-Reiji's POV-

"Really, that woman is so troublesome." I said a few seconds after they left.

"You can say that again..." Ayato agreed with me. "...Good thing Pancake's like a pancake. Soft and easy to break."

"Don't forget delicious~" Laito said while smiling mischievously.

Kanato also began to talk. "This has been bothering me for a while now, but I can't seem to smell the other human's blood."