20

----- 3 months later -----

- Nia's pov -

It's now been 3 months since we had my mother's funeral, man I miss her everyday but I know she's proud of me, my daughter is now 3 months old.

I was sitting on the couch with my baby and playing with her, when the door suddenly slammed open, there stood a drunk Trayvon.

I quickly put my baby in her high chair and walked over to Trayvon, I looked at him up and down and scrunched my nose.

"Where were you the whole night?", I asked.

He was so drunk he couldn't even speak properly nor finish his sentences correctly.

He then pushed past me and walked over to the couch, he layed on the couch and fell asleep.

I then closed the door and took Imani upstairs with me, I walked in my bedroom and locked the door, I put her next to me and we fell asleep.

A few hours later I woke up and took my phone and checked the time.

I then got off my bed and walked downstairs, I went in the kitchen and took the leftover pasta from last night and warmed it.

After that I took a fork and walked upstairs and looked my door again, I sat on my bed and took Imani.

I started to feed her, while I was feeding her I took my phone and scrolled through instagram, while I was scrolling I heard Trayvon knocking on the door.

I took Imani and gently put her on the bed, I got off and walked over to the door.

"Nia", he yelled.

"What", I yelled back.

"Open the door", he said.

"No, you drunk", I said.

"Please just open the door", he yelled.

"Nigga go downstairs", I yelled.

"Open the fucking door", he yelled.

I slowly opened the door and I stepped back, Trayvon walked in still tipsy and stood in front of me.

"Why the fuck did you lock the door?", he asked.

"Where were you the whole night?", I asked.

He just looked at the floor, my eyes then fell on a note that was sticking out his pocket on his jacket, I took the note and silently read it.

*the note*
I had fun last night call me xoxo
~ Trinity.

A tear fell down my eyes and I looked over at him, "s-so you cheated on me", I said as I started to crying, he just looked at me.

"TRAYVON LEAVE MY HOUSE", I said crying.

"Baby I'm sorry", he said.

"I FUCKING HATE YOU", I said crying.

I took the note that I read and put it back in his pocket, I then took his arm and led him to the door, I opened the door and I pointed out.

"Get out Trayvon", I said.

"Nia please", he said.

"GET OUT", I yelled.

With that he gave me one more glance and he walked out the door, I locked the door and walked back upstairs.

I took my phone and texted Zoe.

*the texts*

N: Zoe please come over

Z: what happened?

N: I'll tell you

Z: ight I'm coming

*End of texts*

I then walked upstairs and took Imani and we walked downstairs, I sat on the couch and I put her next to me, a tear fell and I started crying.

An hour later I heard someone knocking on the door, I walked to the door and I opened it.

I saw Zoe and I hugged her, she hugged me back and rubbed my back.

"Zoe Trayvon cheated on me", I said crying.

"I'm sorry Nia", she said.

She then closed the door and we walked to the couch, she saw Imani and she smiled I took Imani and I handed her to Zoe.

We then sat on the couch and I told Zoe everything.

"I'm sorry Nia please don't cry", she said.

I nodded my head, she then wiped my tears and hugged me again, honestly I'm grateful for her.

I then turned on the TV and Zoe went to grab snacks in the kitchen, I put on a movie and we watched and ate the snacks.

A few hours later Zoe got up and looked over at me.

"Nia I have to leave", she said.

"OK thanks for coming over", I said hugging her.

"No worries I'll call you tomorrow", she said hugging me back.

I nodded my head and I led her to the front door, I waved her a goodbye and I closed the door.

I looked at the time and realized it was 8 o'clock at night, I took my daughter and fed her, I then burped her and put her to sleep.

I then walked downstairs and turned off the TV, I walked back to my bedroom and layed on my bed.

I then then closed my eyes and fell asleep.