Last Stand

This was it.The final break.This is when Jordan has finally grasped the fact that his football dream,his carrer.
his life.
Will all be done without his father.

So now that brings him to where he is now.Sitting on the edge of his bed as he hyperventilates and sobs.His body was shaking and his heart felt like it would explode.He just couldn't belive that his life would go on without his father.He couldn't do this.He couldn't do this alone at least.He picked up his phone and called his group chat that consisted of him,Spencer and Mello.And even though it was 2am both of his friends picked up the phone."whats up jordan" Spencer mumbles.His camera was pitch black.Showing that he had been woken up.But Mellos was showing him in his kitchen eating a bowl of noodles.Jordan had his camera off."g-guys" Jordan sobs."Jordan?Whats up man" Mello says."i-i need you guys to come over please..." He sobs."im already here in Livs room.She had a rough night.I gotta stay with her" Spencer says.Jordan nods and sniffles."o-ok...Mello..can you come over..." Jordan sniffles."im on my way cariño"Mello says as he pushes his noodles to the side and gets up."o-ok.." Jordan says.Mello hangs up.He runs up his stairs to put a shirt on.He then runs back down and puts on his crocs.They were his best friend in times like this.He got into his car and began to drive to the Bakers house.
20 minutes later he pulled up and the door was unlocked.Not safe.But whatever.He took off his shoes and ran into Jordans room.Jordan was sitting in the corner sobbing to himself.Mello runs over and goes to his kneees in front of Jordan."Jordan..Jordan look at me"Mello says.Jordan shakes his head no."it-its hurts...hes gone"Jordan says.Mello felt his heart hurt at how bad Jordan was breaking.Hes never seen him cry like this."why would he do that...why would he risk his life for him?i needed him"Jordan sobs as he finaly looks up at Mello who had tears brimming in his own eyes."i cant do this without him.." Jordan whimpers."Jordan you are so strong.. Siempre estoy aquí para ti"Mello whispers.Jordan takes a deep breath."i was gonna kill myself.." Jordan whispers.Mellos voice gets stuck in his throat."i was gonna kill myself" Jordan repeats as his voice cracks."hey...im here...and im with you...for better or worse" Mellos says as he grabs Jordans hand softly."itll probably be worse" Jordan whispers."i know" Mello smiles softly.Jordan sniffles."come on..." Mello says as he stands up and helps Jordan.Mello was about an inch or two taller than Jordan.Jordan sits down on the bed.Mello sits right next to him.Their hands still intertwined."you really came all the way here from Crenshaw?" Jordan mumbles."no matter where i am.If you call.Ill be here.Especially at times like this.For any of you.Spencer,olivia,Mrs Baker..anyone.Ill be here"Mello says.Jordan smiles softly."now..what else is going on" Mello says."what do you mean?" Jordan asks."I understand your dad died.But you've never broken down like that.Ive never seen you that...vulnerable and..small" Mello sayz.Jordan looks at the floor.He wipes a tear away."im never gonna see him again Carmello..." Jordans voice breaks."hes gone...everything i-i wanted to do with him...everything i wanted to achieve with him right by my side will never happen" Jordan says.He sounds like a sad puppy."i-i cant cope with that..." Jordan sobs.Mello hugs him.Jordan cries into Mellos chest."hes gone" Jordan sobs."my dad is gone" Jordan sobs louder.Mello hugs him tighter.Jordan can barely breathe by how hard hes crying.Jordan eventually sat back up.God he looked broken.He stood up.So did Mello.Mello cups his face and softly wipes away his tears.Jordan takes a deep breath."you know your the only one who ive let touch me in the last 2 weeks" Jordan whispers.Looking up at Mello with his sad and drained eyes.His eyes bags could carry cartons of milk and laundry detergent.
"Aww why is that" Mello says with a grin.Jordan grins and rolls his eyes."because your touch is calming" Jordan mumbles.Mello looks at him.His softly runs his hand over jordans cheek again."that right there...thats why i love it when you touch me" Jordan whispers as he closes his eyes and sighs.Leaning into his "best friends" touch.Mello looked at Jordan.Mello removes his hand.Jordan looks up at him.Neither of them knows what happened.But one moment they were staring at each other and the other they were kissing.Jordan grabbed Mellos neck and pulled him closer.Mello picked Jordan up by him thighs and brung them back to the bed.Jordan sat on top of him as they continued to make out.Until they heard a knock on Jordans bedroom door.The boys quickly got off of eachother.The door opened revealing Spencer.
"I can hear yall making out in living room.Calm it down" Spencer says tiredly.He walks out.Jordan and Mello look at each-other with a grin.
10 minutes later
Jordan had fallen asleep.Mello had went downstairs to get something to drink when he saw Liv down there with Spencer.Liv looked just like Jordan.Drained and Depressed."hey" Liv whispered.She just sounded like she would break down.Mello sat at the island."how you feeling?" Mello asked.She shook her head."like my heart got ripped out" She says as her voice cracks.Spencer rubbed her back."yeah..so does your brother"Mello mumbles.He grabs his water bottle off the counter and makes his way back to Jordans room.Jordan was sleeping like a baby.Mello grabbed his jacket and got ready to head out."i know your not about to leave" He hears a groggy voice whisper.He turned to see Jordan looking at him half awake.."what else would i do?" Mello asks confused."come lay with me" Jordans says.Mello thinks."come on" Jordan says.Mello rolls his eyes and walks over to the bed.He gets in on the other side.The moment he lays day Jordan scoots over and buries his head into his chest."thank you...for everything" He whispered."anytime..." Mello mumbles before closing his eyes and falling into a light sleep.
9am
Mello was awoken by the sound of Laura yelling on the phone about the fact that she ordered sweet potatoes and they gave her mashed.The room was still dark since Jordan had blackout curtains.Mello couldn't sit up due to the fact that Jordan had snuggled his way all the way on top of Mello.His head laying on Mellos chest.Mellos hand searched around the bed for his phone.Which he eventually found under his leg.He had no practice today so didnt mind being here for Jordan since he needed someone to snuggle with.Jordans grip around Mello suddenly got tighter."oh" Mello groans."no...dad..." jordan whimpers."Jordan...jordan sweetheart wake up" Mello says as slaps Jordans back.Jordans breathing got heavier.Mello sat up and grabbed Jordans shoulders.He shook him vigorously and said his name until Jordans eyes shot open with tears in them.He just looked around the room."dad?.." Jordan mumbles as he looks around.
"baby he's gone" Mello whispers with a slight voice crack.Jordan looks at him with the face of aa person with nothingness filling their body.Mello feels awful.Jordan gets up and goes into the bathroom.Mello follows."get out.I need to pee" Jordan lies."no you dont" Mello says
."MELLO GET OUT!" Jordan yells.Mello flinches slightly.Mello nods and leaves.The moment mello shuts the door Jordan breaks down.His back slides down the wall and he begins to cry again.It felt like all he does now is cry.He buried his head into his knees

."you didnt really think i was leavin?" Mello says as he opens the door.Jordan looked back up at him."i-im sorry..i didnt mean to yell..." Jordan sobs as Mello kneels in front of him.He cups Jordans wet face."i know baby...i know" Mello sighs.Jordan pants.He hugs Mell tightly..Mello kisses Jordans neck softly."its ok" He whispers soothingly.Mello was still extremely tired.So his eyes were closing as he held Jordan."jordan lets go lay down.." Mello mumbles half awake.Jordan mumbles a quiet "mhm"
—-
The two had got back into the bed.Jordan was laying on his side looking at Mello and Mello was laying on his stomach asleep.As Mello sleep Jordan held his hand and softly rubbed it.It just being a way to feel Mello incase his feelings get to strong.As he does he notices

all the bruises on Mellos hands and arm.He was very curious but decided not to answer.This was the moment he needed.The moment he has been searching for.just holding Mellos hand and trying to prove to himself that everything will eventually be alright.