22 ☆ a sealed deal

๑ A DEALIT IS

A DEAL
IT IS.

a sealed deal chapter 22

I park in the lot of the restaurant, looking up at its height

I park in the lot of the restaurant, looking up at its height. "This is definitely supposed to be a romantic advance," I shake my head, turning off the engine. Getting out, I fix my coat, getting ready for the hell Mr. Choi Yeonjun is going to give me. I read my phone: 6:59 PM. Perfectly on time.

Things could go really well, or really bad. Tonight, if I have to protect all that I've built from my mother's brutal training, I have to be nice— which means I have to cut out all the insults. Damn it.

When I opened the door, the bustling crowd was nonexistent. There was no line, just pure tile.

"Ms. Kwon Sora?" I look up at the sound of my name, seeing the hostess already looking at me. She smiles the moment I take a few steps forward, beckoning to her left. "Please follow me. Mr. Choi has been waiting for you."

The lobby was empty, indicating that he was indeed telling the truth. When I walked into the extravagant restaurant, chandeliers lit the night, and the aroma of pasta and wine filled the air. Chairs were holding ghosts with candles lit, and at the sight of a covered table, I saw the eerie executive in a booth not too far from the entrance. "Here's your table, ma'am. Enjoy your dinner."

I greet her farewell, hanging by coat and bag. Finally, I take a few steps forward. He notices me, lifting his head. "Oh, you're here," Did he think I'd stand him up? I'm too busy to waste time. "Thank you for giving me a moment of your time. Before we begin talking, you should order something."

"I'm not hungry, thank you," I grab the red wine that sits on the table, and pour it halfway into my glass. "I will drink, though. Now, tell me, what deal are you trying to strike with me?"

"Exactly one you might think," Mr. Choi clears his throat. "Since you'll be doing some magazine photoshoots as well as interviews this next week, after that, I would like you to be my plus one at an event. We'd be taking photos together, looking close, and I'll make you look all nice in the public's eye–as long as you do the same when they ask you about me."