Chapter 30

"No, bambina. Maya, no! No, no, no! Per favore!" Carina grabs my wrists on either side of her face, pleading with me. Her eyes nervously flicker from my one hand covered in chocolate glaze to the other. I laugh at how much strength she puts behind her grip to keep her face safe from the mess I'm threatening to turn it into. "It would be so easy to squash my hands into that stunning face, covering it in chocolate to match your gorgeous hair and eyes. Maybe then I can focus on the recipe instead of how sexy you look using a spatula."

She vigorously shakes her head, losing the fight to keep her laugh in. "Please, bella. Don't! We're one step away from finishing this masterpiece." I raise my brow at her in defiance, bringing my palms closer to her face. I grin at the whimper that leaves her lips as she tightens her grip around my wrists. "Please, Maya. I don't want to be all sticky and chocolaty for the rest of the night." She sighs in relief when I lift my palms up in surrender, leaving a soft kiss on the tip of her nose as a peace offering.

Her eyes are still filled with suspicion as she reluctantly loosens her grip on my arms, one finger at a time. "Boo!" I throw my head back and laugh from the happiest place in my heart when she startles and curses my childishness with a sarcastic Italian saying. She glowers at me while holding my hands even further away from her face. "Stare sui coglioni." I keep grinning at her, walking her backwards to the sink so I can wash up. Her own smirk pulls on the corners of her lips as she carefully drops my hands, while keeping a watchful eye on them.

Her eyes somehow darken even more while she traces my tongue as I lick the chocolate off my palm and fingers. "Oh, I think I'm more than just a pain in your ass, my love." Carina breathlessly moans my name when I suck my middle finger into my mouth, never breaking eye contact. "Can you get the tap for me?" Her eyes squint into thin lines as she decides whether she should trust me. I keep my face as innocent as possible, secretly wanting her to grab my wrists again. "I'll be good." She shakes her head at me again when I raise my hands up, waving the imaginary white flag between us.

She carefully reaches behind her, searching for the faucet, but begrudgingly need to turn around when she keeps missing it. I keep my hands raised, winking at her every time she looks over her shoulder to make sure I haven't moved, while she waits for the water to warm up. I lick the chocolate from my lips, my mouth watering when the scent of hazelnut mixes with her perfume and I can't control the temptation any longer. I mean, I'm only human and her ass looks so good from this angle.

She's so preoccupied with adjusting the temperature of the water, rearranging the dishes to make room for me, that she never even sees me coming. "Maya!" I sneak my sticky hands around her head, smearing the chocolate all over her neck and face, and into her hair when she spins around to get away from me. I keep my hands cupped around her face, trying to press my lips against hers but she's not falling for my innocent act again. "You happy now?" She jokingly slaps my hands away when I try to cup her face again, glaring at me as a threat to not even try this again.

"No." She pokes me in the chest when I pout my bottom lip out, sounding petulant even to my own ears. "Fuck, babe. How do you even look sexy covered in chocolate? This was supposed to help me concentrate." Carina throws her head back on a deep laugh, reminding me of the sheets we had to throw away after I ate chocolate sauce, whipped cream and strawberries from her body. "You're really not helping with my self-control, you know that?" She yelps when I lick her face from her chin, over her cheek to her forehead. "Mhm, that's better than I remember."

Her eyes stay screwed shut while a shiver runs through her. I take her moment of being lost in space to trace some chocolate over her lips with my fingers. When her eyes open, my breath gets caught in my throat from the fire illuminating her lustful eyes. A blush creeps up her cheeks when I start nibling on her sweet lips, tracing my tongue around her mouth to try and get as much of the chocolate from her face. I make the mistake of meeting her eyes again after sucking on her candied lips and a new danger emerges from the electricity sparking between us.