Serendipity

~19:56~

You keep your arms wrapped around Jimin as one of his hands stays on your back, the other brushing your hair. You've been sitting on the ground in his embrace for who knows how long now. No speaking, only feeling. Neither of you are complaining. You probably won't admit it verbally, but you've needed him. There's nothing you've missed more than his warmth.

For a couple more minutes, you simply enjoy his presence, thankful he's here. However, you know you'll have to address the elephant in the room eventually. So, you let out a small sigh and speak.

"What did Jungkook say to you?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing."

Your eyes open and widen. He said nothing? Then why did Jimin come back? Did Jungkook not explain that their hug was strictly a friend hug?

"That hug was just a hug, Jimin. No matter what we're going through, I want you to know that..." You trail off, fighting to find the right words.

"Y/N?" he asks, and you reluctantly pull back, meeting his eyes. His lips faintly curl up in a smile, but it's so small you barely notice it. "I know."

Your eyes soften, and so do his. No matter how mad at him you are, he still manages to find all the right things to say. You bite your lower lip and avert your eyes.

"I'm sorry I ignored you today," you say.

"I'm sorry I was so cold to you a few minutes ago."

You nod, peeking back up. "I'm sorry for what I said on the bridge. Saying the whole jealousy thing was messed up, even if I was pissed about the decision you were making."

He goes still for a moment, then kisses your forehead, closing his eyes and leaving his lips on your skin. You let out a long breath at his proximity. He pulls back after a few seconds and meets your gaze.

"I'm sorry I hurt you."

That sentence makes you freeze, but you quickly regain your composure. "I'm not going to lie, I'm still pretty pissed about it, but you did what was best for everyone. You're right—if my father went back and got killed, it doesn't matter how much I hate him, I wouldn't be able to cope with his loss. I've already lost enough people. I can't lose anyone else."

"Hey, hey," he whispers, using his hands to cup your face. "You won't. Seeing you hurt... I..."

He brings you back to his body, holding you tightly and using one hand to rub your back while the other stays still. You let out a small sigh of relief, the tension you previously felt slowly fading away. You lean into his touch and breath in his scent, trying to memorize it. Just in case.

You're terrified of your father taking you away. That would mean you'd never be able to see Jimin or the crew again. You don't want to think about it, but you have to. If he takes you, the crew will be safe. That's all that matters to you right now. You need them to be safe. You wouldn't be able to live with yourself if something happened to your second family and there was something you could do about it.

So, you memorize everything about Jimin. The way he nuzzles his cheek against your shoulder, the way his fingers clutch onto your back, trying to get closer. The way his breathing gets slower when you're in his arms, but faster when you're kissing. The way he always looks for you in a crowded room. Even the way he always cares about you, no matter what the two of you are going through. You know you're falling in love with him, but you don't know how to tell him.

"Y/N, I have to ask you something," he whispers, his breath hitting your ear. You slightly tremble at the sensation, but nod nonetheless. He pulls back, slowly opening his eyes and meeting yours. "Answer honestly."