009𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔

a/n; I'm going to be stealing Shelly and Dom's spotlight for this chapter.. SORRY🥲 (I luv them, but I gotta put y/n first🥹!! & dis is a rlly short chap, sorry :p)

"This monk is crazy! I mean, he made a boar chase us just so we could ride faster." You sighed while drying your hair with a towel.

Shelly looked at you and laughed before agreeing with you.

"Yeah, you're right, but it did help.. Well, for me, at least."

"Haha, are you all washed up?.." the monk asked.

"By the way, don't you have to go to school tomorrow? Pack your bags in advance."

"Sir, we're just going to skip school. We've decided to train even harder up until the race."

Yuna and Mia said that they wanted to take the first bus early in the morning, which made the monk curious.

"First bus? There aren't any buses that come all the way here.. Come to think of it, how did you guys get here?.."

Mia trembled and looked at the monk in pure confusion before answering his question.

"What?.. We took a shuttle bus that comes this way."

The monk then proceeded to tell everyone the most jaw-dropping, horrifying, petrifying, creepy story about how a bus crashed in the woods and how the bus driver didn't make it..

"You guys aren't kids. Haven't you passed the age where a story like that would scare you?.." Vinny said, trying to act tough, but you could hear him chuckle nervously.

"This is lame, I'm going inside to sleep." He then turned around to head in, but everyone could see his back sweating again.

-

The next two days were hell. Training day and night just for the race today.

"I can't believe we're actually going to attend the race like this. My feels kinda oily, I hate it." You complained as you were all on your way to the race.

You guys arrived later than everyone else, and everyone at the League of Street looked at your crew as if you all went crazy.

Messy hair, clothes, and faces..

Turns out that only three from each crew would be racing.

You, June, and Dom were the ones racing first. This time, you promise yourself to at least try during the race and win to make up for ghosting your team and not showing up for the previous race.

This was the only way you could redeem yourself.

-

Being in a crowd with other races was disgusting. You could smell their sweat and hear them talking loudly here and there.

You wore your helmet and adjusted the chin strap to make it comfortably before waiting for the race to start.

After hearing the signal for the race to start, everyone started pedalling off towards the finish line.

June was leading you and Dom, acting as the windbreaker for you both. June then decided to pedal faster, making your group break away from the others.

Going all out at the start of the race sounds crazy but it works.

You turned back and saw others trying to catch up, You took this chance to pedal faster and take over June, making you the lead the whole race.

Almost everyone watching the race thought you were going insane for sprinting now when you're not even halfway through the finish line.

But to you, this is nothing compared to the brutal training you did with your brother back in England.

Not long after, you could see the finish line ahead of you. You turned around to see that others were still far away. You took this chance to relax a little, you took your hands off your drop bar and stretched your back. The only thing you could think about was going home, taking a nice shower, and lying down on your bed.

You sighed and took off your helmet while you crossed the finish line. The camera was on you as you brushed your fingers through your hair.

"Finally, the rematch is over for me. I can rest now." You thought to yourself before skidding and finally getting off the road.

The mc then shouted into his mic, "THE HUMMINGBIRD CREW HAS FINISHED IN FIRST PLACE!!"

"Huh? So she ghosted us, and here she is, racing again." Wooin said to Joker while looking at you through the big screen.

"What a joke, she better have a good explanation."

-

"Good job, [Y/N]! I'm so proud of you!" Shelly said while hugging you.

"Awh, thanks, Shelly, but I don't think it's a good idea to hug me right now.. I'm sweating like crazy.."

"I don't care!" The blonde said with a smile on her face.

"Right well, I'm gonna go first. Good luck on the next race!" I said while looking at Shelly, Jay, and Vinny.

"Wait, you're going already? You're not gonna stay and watch them race?" June asked you.

"Nah, I gotta get back to my cat. He'll get sad if I'm gone for too long.. Plus, I trust you guys, I know you guys will win!" You said before taking your bike and leaving the place.

-

"Finally, I'm back home." You said before letting yourself fall onto the comfortable couch.

Mr. Whiskers jumped onto your back and made himself comfortable. You were glad that you invested in an automatic feeder that fed Mr whiskers while you were gone.

You then realised that when you went MIA, only your friends from the hummingbird crew knew that you were fine, but Joker, Hyuk, and Wooin still haven't heard anything from you.

"Fuck.. They're going to kill me."

The first person you called was Hyuk, letting him know you were fine. You then texted Wooin and Joker, Wooin left you on seen while Joker replied with a thumbs up emoji...?

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang, making Mr whiskers jump off your back. You got up from the couch and opened the door revealing Hyuk looking down on you with a disapproving look on his face.

You looked up at him with a nervous smile on your face.

"Oh, H-hyuk! What a surprise... haha.."