023𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔

a/n; I'm not gna go into details with the race 🙅‍♀️🙅‍♀️

Short interview? This is bs. You didn't even want to be on the stage right now.
Standing on the awkwardly while the MC kept shouting into the mic before asking stupid questions.

"How does it feel to be chosen for this match?" He asked Jay.

"Just so-so.."

"Really? Well, what about you, [Y/N]?" He asked while basically shoving the mic into your face.

You rolled your eyes and pushed it away from your face before answering him; "I dunno.. I wanna get this over with."

"Why am I even here?.. I want to go home and sleep already."

-

1 day before the race.

You barged into Sangho's office and went up to him before sitting in front of him and sighing.

"Be honest with me. Was it planned or not?"

Sangho looked up from his papers to look at you with that usual stoic face of his. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't act stupid, I'm talking about the race with Owen! He might not admit it, but you will. It's not a coincidence, right?"

He sighed and lifted two fingers, beckoning you to come closer to him. How close does he want you to be?.. You're already sitting right in front of him.

You got up and stood right in front of him, behind his desk, looking down at him while he looked right back up at you.

"You're right. It's not a coincidence. I purposely made sure Owen went against you and... Jay." He said as he raised his hands, his fingertips making contact with the side, your legs slowly sliding up to your hips.

"I want to see how good you are against your own brother. Is that wrong?" He then stood up, hands still on you.
"No, but.. You could've just asked me."

"Well, Owen wanted to race you in the tracks, but he knew you wouldn't go all out.. So I had to make it a public race where you wouldn't want to lose and embarrass yourself."

"Plus, aren't you tired of being inferior around him? It's time you finally go all out."

How did he know?.. Was it that obvious?

You looked away for a moment and moved his hands off you.. "I don't feel inferior around him, I don't know what you're saying."

"Sure.. Whatever you say. You should really start heading home. It's getting late, and the race is tomorrow."

Right, it was getting late. You were about to head out of his office when he called out for you.

"Need a ride? I'll drop you off on my way home."

...

The ride with Sangho was quiet, but it wasn't awkward. You just kept looking out of the window as he drove to your place. He's right about how you wouldn't even try if you went against your brother but.. If it was in public, you definitely didn't want to embarrass yourself and lose..

Once he arrived, you thanked him and got out of his car and made your way up to your room. When you unlocked the door, you saw Owen waiting for you again.

"Do you always come home this late?"

"No one asked you to stay up and wait for me anyway." You said to him before heading towards your own bedroom.