Chapter 2: Because I'm the Firelord

When Kuai woke that morning, she realized her position. She was curled up next to Zuko, his arms wrapped around her. He was still sleeping, and she didn't want to disturb him. She stayed where she was, thinking about the last couple of years. What if she hadn't run away? Would Mai really have been much competition? In the middle of these thoughts, she noticed Zuko waking up. He took one arm off of Kuai and stretched, opened his eyes, and realized he was almost on top of her. She looked up at his face and shyly smiled. A grin tugged at one corner of Zuko's mouth but he stopped himself as he got up from the bed. Rubbing her eyes, Kuai got up as well. They looked around the room, everyone else was gone. They were possibly down in the foyer. They both walked out of the room and downstairs silently, hand in hand.

It was a pretty large area, a couple big cheap couches and chairs with a dining table and chairs nearby. Aang, Sokka, and Katara sat together on one couch.

Katara: Hey sleepy-heads!

Sokka: Done cuddling?

Zuko: Shut up.

Aang: The innkeeper is about to prepare breakfast for the guests who got up this early.

Kuai: Ooh, yay!

Katara: Why don't you guys sit for a while? 

Zuko walked to a big chair and sat. Kuai sat in the tiny bit of extra space in the chair, turned sideways, and leaned against on arm of the chair with her legs over the other. She was pretty much sitting in Zuko's lap, but he really didn't mind. (mwahahahahahaha!) Sokka looked away, probably because of 'oogies' or something. Soon the innkeeper came out from the kitchen and greeted all of the guests.

Innkeeper: Breakfast will be in just a few minutes, thank you for your patience.

Aang: Thank you for letting us stay here.

The innkeeper directed his eyes towards Kuai.

Innkeeper: Please, none of... that ... outside of your room.

Kuai: Oh... sorry.

Kuai got off the chair she was 'sharing' with Zuko and sat in another available one, slightly far from the group. Zuko hated that he couldn't do anything about it; if he would just tell everyone he was the Firelord, he could control the situation. But he didn't.

The innkeeper headed back to the kitchen to finish off the rest of the breafast-cooking. He set it out on the table, gesturing his early-rising guests to the table. There were only eight; Katara, Aang, Sokka, Zuko, Kuai, and three strangers. Everyone dug in, Sokka and Zuko stuffing their mouths like wild pig-chickens, and the rest of them slowly eating. The three strangers watched the boys eat in almost horror, like they'd never seen anything so disgusting and scary in their lives. Kuai rolled her eyes when she saw them judging Sokka and Zuko, so she quickly handed them both napkins.

They looked like ashamed deer-dog puppies as they accepted the napkins from Kuai's hands. Katara giggled and Kuai basically sat their adoring Zuko, the strangers still disgusted.

Kuai: Okay, what's your problem?

Guest1: What?

Kuai: You keep silently judging us!

Guest 2: Well, your friends over there happen to be immature and gross.

Sokka: Hey!

Katara: They're just eating, get a grip.

Guest3: Yes, eating like five-year-olds.

Aang: Come on, really?

Guest2: They're teenagers now, they should have at least some manners.

Katara: And so should you!

Kuai: THAT'S IT! If you three knew who you were talking about, you'd be begging for forgiveness.

Guest1: Who? You mean water peasant and scar boy?

Kuai: Water peasant..eh, yeah. But scar boy happens to be the-

Zuko covered Kuai's mouth before she could say the rest. He shushed her, then took his hand away.

Guest3: Happens to be what?

Guest2: Probably a palace gardener or something. Ha!

Zuko kept a straight face as he reached into his pocket and took out his hairband. He tied his hair up, and held his hand out to Kuai. She placed his crown in his hand and he put it in his hair. He'd had enough by now. He stood.

Zuko: I happen to be the Firelord, and that water peasant is an elite sword fighter and my friend.

Guest1: Firelord Zuko, I am sorry for how I've disgraced you.

Guest3: Come on, you don't have to apologize to him.

Innkeeper: What is going on?

Kuai: Thank you for your hospitality, but we should be going now.

Zuko: Here's all that we owe you, I hope you see it fitting.

Zuko handed a pouch of gold pieces to the innkeeper.

Katara: We'll be getting our things from our room and we'll head out in a jiffy.

Innkeeper: Was the food not good? Why must you leave so soon?

Zuko: Because I'm the Firelord.

Aang: And I'm the Avatar.

Sokka: And I don't think we're welcome in Hira'a anymore.

Everyone went upstairs, got their things, and left the inn. Everyone got on Appa as they untied him and Momo. They began to fly towards the Earth Kingdom for Toph's academy.