Chapter 17: Pointy-Hat Guy Told Me To Get You

*Around 2 and a half years later*

Zuko was writing some pretty important letters to the different world leaders, still having to finish up all the urgent matters of the new nation. Then he heard a noise, like something falling. He instantly thought of what it might have been, and ran out the doorway to the hall, where he saw a guard trying to comfort the little girl who was crying.

Zuko went to his daughter and picked her up and hugged her.

Zuko: Izumi, what's wrong?

Izumi: Daddyyyyy I felll...*she sniffled*

Zuko: Oh, I'm sorry sweety, where does it hurt?

Izumi: Right here *point to her arm*

Zuko: I'll kiss it to make it better, okay?

Izumi nodded and Zuko kissed her arm.

Izumi: All better!

Zuko set her down and watched her giggle and run through the hallway like an awkward turtle, then he looked beside him and was shocked to see Kuai right there beside him.

Kuai: Well isn't Daddy the best? *she laughed*

Zuko: You saw that, didn't you?

Kuai: Yeah, *she linked her arm in his* you're pretty good at this.

Izumi came running back.

Izumi: Daddy! Daddy!

Zuko: *kneels down to her level* What is it sweety?

Izumi: Pointy-hat guy told me to get you.

Kuai: Pointy-hat guy?

Zuko: One of the guards. I'll be right back *kissed Izumi's cheek, then stood and kissed Kuai briefly before leaving in the direction Izumi came*

Kuai: Izumi, come here, we've got to get your measurements.

Izumi: Why?

Kuai: Because we're getting you a fancy dress.

Izumi: Why?

Kuai: Because we're having a nice party.

Izumi: Why?

Kuai: *sigh* Because it's Mommy and Daddy's anniversary.

Izumi: Why?

Kuai: We have a party every year on our anniversary.

Izumi: What's a amivarsery?

Kuai: An anniversary is a celebration of something that happened.

Izumi: Okay...uh...

Kuai: No more asking "why" today, okay? We just have to go get your measurements.

Izumi: Why?

Kuai sent her one of those mom-glare-things (you know what I'm talking about).

Izumi: Okay.

They walked to where Kuai always keeps her robes and dresses and other attire for special occasions. It was like a closet, a walk-in closet, a large one, with mirrors and pedestals and room to walk around. Kuai took Izumi to stand in front of the largest mirror as the servants came in with measuring tape and pins and all that good stuff. Izumi got bashful and hid behind Kuai's legs. Kuai picked her up.

Kuai: Princess, they're just the normal palace servants. You know her, don't you? *points to one of the servants* That's Lee's girlfriend, Judee. She's the one that serves you the fun noodles every once in a while. Izumi nodded and Kuai put her down.

The servants began measuring Izumi to make sure that they'd make a dress that would fit. After about 10 or 15 minutes they were done. They scurried off to go get fabric and sew it right and all that technical stuff.

By the time everything was squared away, it was time for lunch. One of the palace guards was stuck giving Izumi a piggy-back ride on the way there, mainly because he knelt to her level to talk to her and she just climbed up on him.

Kuai couldn't stop giggling as Kuai played with the guard's beard and accidentally tugged it a few times. They got to the dining hall and sat in front of their food, where Kuai had to make sure Izumi was taken care of by the servants. Izumi prefers them to help her eat rather than Kuai because apparently they 'do it right.' But actually, Izumi should be feeding herself with just the watchful eyes of the servants. But Izumi is a stubborn little trickster.

Zuko hadn't arrived for a while, but when he did, it seemed he was drenched in sweat.

Kuai: Cutie, what happened?

Zuko: Sorry, I ran here. I knew I'd be late.

Kuai: So what did the guard need you for?

Zuko: Part of the guest wing crashed down. I don't know why we didn't hear it happen, but it did.

Kuai: Well there was a thunder storm last night, maybe we assumed it was just thunder.

Izumi: I hate thunder!

Zuko: Why's that, sweetheart?

Izumi: It goes BOOM! when I sleep. It's scary!

Kuai: Yes it is, baby, but we can't control it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry about the really long wait.

This chapter is probably very unsatisfactory to you, but I must inform you, that for this story I've had a bit of writer's block. I know the basics of what's gonna happen in my story, but transition chapters are essential to keep it running smoothly, and I just can't figure out how to connect everything. Trust me, it's been on my mind for a while, but the writer's block is still there.

For some reason it's only for this story, because IWW is just being made up on the fly, so I don't have to worry about connections and all that crap. I promise I'll be trying my best to break through the writer's block I have right now. Please continue to motivate me, it truly helps!

Thanks for reading, lovelies!

<33333IrishLove