Chapter 18: Their 10 Year Wedding Anniversary

At their anniversary feast, Kuai invited the Gaang over to be part of the celebration. It had already been 10 years, since it took about 5 years after they got married for Kuai to get pregnant and Izumi was almost 5. 

There were about 10 small tables scattered around the ballroom, which they were currently using for the banquet. Then there was the larger dining table for royalty and special guests.

Kuai and Zuko sat together in the middle of the table, facing the rest of the room, with Izumi to Kuai's side and Ursa to Zuko's. Then, for the rest of the chairs on Zuko's side, was Aang, Sokka, Toph, and Katara. To Kuai's was Nivedita, TuoYan, JiaLi, and Kiyi. (You remember them, right? The three friends from YuDao and then Zuko's half-sister?) Izumi sat in a high chair between Zuko and Aang. 

Iroh was still alive, and he would be sitting at the royal table, but he was aging and his health was not well enough for him to travel from the United Republic to the Fire Nation. He sent his well-wishes to the couple. He would be arriving in a few months once his vacation and treatment were over.

On every table, there were fruit bowls, each having mainly dragon-peaches, as a theme to Kuai and Zuko's past. A side dish to the dinner was bamboo-onion sprouts, and the main meat was hippo-cow, but there were vegetarian options for Aang.

Nivedita had aged distinctively since the last time Kuai saw her. It's been 10 years, yet it looks like she's aged 20. She's in her 41 now, nine years older than Kuai and Zuko, who are 32. TuoYan is now 25 and JiaLi is 23. It's been so long...

Zuko: Thank you all for coming to celebrate Kuai and I's 10th Wedding Anniversary.

Kuai: Yes, let us all celebrate the past triumphs and the good to come.

Izumi stood up and yelled.

Izumi: NOW LET'S EAT!

Kuai and Zuko kissed after laughing at their daughter's shout. Then they dug in to the food in front of them, having conversations with those around them.

JiaLi: Kuai, did TuoYan tell you the news?

Kuai: No she didn't, what is it?

JiaLi: Her husband, Lee, and her are having a baby!

TuoYan: Oh, shut up JiaLi.

Kuai: Husband? Baby?

JiaLi: Yeah, she met this guy at her job at the tea shop near the theatre and they got married a few months ago. I guess we forgot to tell you.

TuoYan: We literally found out about the baby 2 days ago.

Kuai: I would let you practice parenting with Izumi, but she's a bit old to be of help.

JiaLi: How old is she? 

Kuai: She'll be 5 in about 4 months.

TuoYan: Wow.

That was the biggest news of any conversation that happened at the banquet, and all the guests went home. The Kyoshi Warriors were set on being tonight's babysitters for Izumi, because Kuai and Zuko wanted to do...celebratory things in their bedroom tonight......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry about the wait for this update. Has it been a month?

Well, you know, it's kind of important that I tell you about Kuai and Zuko's naughty antics... in case something comes up in the future.

I'll try to have the next update up in 2 weeks.

<33333IrishLove