Chapter 15: Oh My Gosh, Yay Yay Yay!

*2 years later*

Kuai woke up because she felt sick. Like a weird sick she'd never felt before. It was sort of light outside, but earlier than she and Zuko usually woke. She shook Zuko's shoulder to wake him up.

Zuko: Uuuuuugghhh, whaaaaaatt?!

Kuai: Z-zuko, I think-

Kuai jumped from the bed and ran to a nearby sink, and let out the contents of her stomach... gross. Zuko woke up by then.

Zuko: Lovely? Are you sick or something?

Kuai: I think so...maybe it was something I ate last night.

Zuko: I talk to the chefs.

Kuai: No, it's fine. I just don't usually eat seafood, that's all. My stomach just needs to get used to it.

Zuko: We've had seafood before, though. Maybe someone did something to it! I'm going to talk to them right now.

Kuai: Go.

Zuko ran out (after grabbing a robe) and woke the palace chefs and kitchen maids. He was convinced that someone might have poisoned Kuai's dinner last night. He interrogated everybody, but found it useless to do so. He went back to the bedroom to find Kuai talking to one of the servants, probably a friend.

Kuai: Cutie, I feel better, but I'm still a bit queasy.

Zuko: Are you sure?

Kuai: Yes, but I'm going to keep a bucket near the bed and the dining table in case I get sick again.

Zuko: Okay...

*The Next Morning*

Zuko held Kuai's hair up and she prepared to vomit in the bucket near their bed. To her surprise, she didn't vomit like the previous day, but the nauseous feeling was almost unbearable. She began crying, because the nausea was so bad and unsolved.

Zuko: Lovely, is everything okay?

Kuai: I think I need to see a doctor about my stomach. It's so terrible!

Zuko: Okay, I'll tell the servants to schedule one of the best.

Kuai: Are you sure you don't want to wait and see if it just goes away?

Zuko: You're obviously not getting better. I'm sure.

Kuai: Okay...I think I'm not going to puke.

Zuko: Okay.

Zuko let go of her hair as they both changed clothes. Zuko into his usual palace attire, but Kuai shockingly wore casual and relaxed clothing. She'd had enough of everything today, and just wanted to be comfortable.

They went to the dining hall and the chefs laid out one of Kuai's favorite dishes. She was very hungry, but every time she lifted the chopsticks to her mouth her brain would tell her not to eat. Eventually she convinced herself to eat, and finished it all pretty quickly. After breakfast, Zuko had work to do and Kuai decided to roam the gardens for the 5000th time.

She got about halfway through the paths before the queasiness returned and it was so weird and uncomfortable that she kneeled to the ground, holding her stomach. Two servants came running, one with a bucket.

Kuai snatched the bucket from the servant's hand and tried to see if she could regurgitate, but she couldn't.

Servant1: My Lady, is there anything we can do?

Kuai: Yes, please get the palanquin, now.

The servant whistled very loudly, and about 45 seconds later, four guards came running with an empty palanquin. Kuai got in with the bucket.