Chapter 6: If You Stopped Interrupting

Zuko hugged her back, smiling. The rest of the gaang randomly emerged into the part of the forest Kuai and Zuko were in. 

Aang: Um...hi guys.

Zuko: Hey.

Sokka: You guys are SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!

Kuai: Oh...um....

Zuko and Kuai stopped hugging.

Katara: So...we were planning on bringing Kuai to the city for her to get the job she wanted.

Zuko: So soon?

Toph: If she gets the job, she gets a one week warning to pack her stuff and move to Yu Dao.  So don't worry, we didn't mean she'd start tomorrow, Sparky.

Kuai: Where would we be staying for the next couple of days?

Aang: I thought we'd leave you and Toph here while we bring Zuko back to the palace tomorrow.

Zuko: I'm actually staying for three more days.

Katara: Then why don't you stay until the Thursday after that? Are you trying to avoid the ceremony?

Zuko: No, it's not like that I-

Sokka: So why did you want to only stay until Monday?

Toph: Guys, I think you should listen to Zu-

Aang: Don't you know how important this is to the citizens of Yu Dao?

Kuai: SHUT. UP. PEOPLE.

Sokka: Woah....she's maaaaaaadd.

Zuko: I'm staying because Tuesday is Kuai's birthday-

Katara: So why not stay until then?

Toph: Zuko would tell you if you stopped interrupting Madame Fussy Britches.

Zuko: My uncle probably wants me back at the palace on Tuesday...

Kuai: Because we share a birthday!

Sokka: Cute cute cute!

Aang: When did you get all sappy Sokka?

Katara: I think he's just in a mood today.

Toph: Yeah, why didn't you complain about "oogies" when they were hugging earlier?

Sokka shrugged.

Aang: So, how old will you two be?

Zuko: Twenty.

Toph: Wow.

Sokka: So long as we're talking about birthdays, mine is-

Toph: You told me this morning, Sokka. It's in 86 days.

Katara: You start a countdown this early?

Toph: He started the countdown at 200 days.

Sokka: Sorry, birthdays are important.

Toph punched Sokka at the same time as Katara threw a snowball at his face. Aang and Kuai laughed at the fact. As Sokka was cleaning off his face, Zuko held Kuai's hand and Kuai leaned her head on his shoulder.

Katara: As adorable as you guys are *rolls eyes* we need to send in your job application, Kuai.

Kuai: Fine, but Zuko's coming with.

Aang: Let's go.

The gaang headed into town, to a large building with a sign saying "Reconstruction HQ." They went in there, Kuai filled out a form stating her skills, nationality, and residence. She did not include her ability to bloodbend, though.