Chapter 9: Oogies Saved Me

Kuai, Zuko, TuoYan, and JiaLi came from backstage out to where the crowd used to be. Now it was just the gaang, Noren, and Ursa.

Katara: Sooo...?

Kuai: You guys like my necklace?

Ursa: Eek! Zuko, she said yes?!

Zuko: Um...yeah.

Toph: I thought she'd say no.

Zuko: HEY!

Sokka: Kuai, you should thank me. I helped.

Aang: No, you just sat there and watched him carve it.

Sokka: Moral support goes a long way, Aang.

Katara: Whatever.

Toph: Who are these people?

Kuai: TuoYan and JiaLi, they're my friends from Yu Dao.

JiaLi mumbled something that no one could hear.

TuoYan: JiaLi! Be polite!

Well apparently TuoYan heard it.

Zuko: Noren? Is it okay if Kuai and these girls come eat dinner with us?

Noren: Of course.

Everyone walked back to the house and sat in a circle around the table for a late night dinner. Noren and Ursa sat together, Zuko next to Ursa, Kuai next to Zuko, JiaLi next to Kuai, TuoYan next to JiaLi, Katara next to TuoYan, Toph next to Katara, Sokka next to Toph, Aang next to Sokka, Kiyi next to Sokka and Noren.

That was too much for my brain...

TuoYan: Kuai, how come you didn't tell us you knew the Avatar?

Kuai: Because you guys already fangirled about me knowing Zuko, I didn't want to know how you'd react to knowing Aang.

Zuko: Wow, I have fangirls? (oh Zuko, if you only knew...)

JiaLi: No.

TuoYan: Excuse us for a minute...

TuoYan grabbed JiaLi's arm and dragged her out of the room, leaving the rest to mingle.

Ursa: So, Kuai, how did you and Zuko meet?

*Silent Flashback....*

Kuai continued to wash, acting like she didn't notice the man behind her, who was at a 20 foot distance at the least. Her blisters stung with the cold water, but to Kuai, it was worth it. Once she finished bathing, she put back on her clothes, weakly, and prepared to strike.

She remained with her back turned to her watcher, but she knew exactly where he was. She used her blood-bending to draw him nearer. He let out a small yelp, but she closed his mouth. She turned to him as he came closer, under her power. As soon as he was only two inches away, she released him from her bending. Apparently, he didn't notice that part.

She pulled on the neck of his tunic, looking into his golden eyes with a smirk. He was quite the sight for sore eyes---and by that, I mean handsome. Very handsome. She kissed him softly, and well, he kissed her back.

And and after they pulled apart, she realized he was Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation.

*Flashback Over*

Kuai: Oh...um...

Katara giggled, because she knew the story. Kuai blushed and Zuko scratched the back of his neck.