Chapter 19: She Seemed Happier to Tell You

*3 months later*

Zuko: Lovely, we need to get the doctor in again, it could be the same as last time.

Kuai: No, it's probably just cramps or a stomach flu or something.

Zuko: It's the same symptoms, and you have gotten a bit heavier.

Kuai: Well thanks, that makes me feel much better. *sends dirty look*

Zuko: I mean, it is your body, not mine, so I guess you know best.

Kuai: Yeah, there's no way I'm pregnant again.

Zuko: Yeah...

Throughout the next couple weeks, Zuko kept his thoughts to a minimum as Kuai became hormonal, and craving things all the time. He knew from last time that this was another sign of her pregnancy, but Kuai didn't want to believe it for some reason.

Kuai: Ugh! No matter what robe I wear, I still look fat!

Zuko: No you don't, Lovely. You're just as beautiful as day one.

Kuai: Really, Cutie?

Zuko: Yes, really.

Kuai: Thank you.

They started kissing a while, but then Izumi and a guard walked in, and they had to hurriedly stop.

Zuko: Lee, haven't I told you to knock? Especially when you're taking our daughter to us?!

Lee: Forgive me, Firelord Zuko. I will learn my lesson.

Zuko: Ugh. So what is it?

Lee: Princess Izumi had something she wanted to tell you about.

Izumi ran up to her father and jumped into his arms.

Izumi: Daddy look! *opens mouth really wide*

Zuko: I can't quite see it sweetheart.

Izumi used her finger to lift up her upper lip. She'd lost a tooth.

Zuko: Oh wow! That's so cool, sweetie!

Izumi: I'm a big girl!

Zuko: Yes you are.

Kuai: What happened?

Izumi: My toofth came out, see? *points to a gap between two teeth*

Kuai: Oh, isn't that something?

Izumi: It's cool, right Mommy?

Kuai: So cool.

Izumi hopped down from Zuko's arms before running towards the door.

Izumi: LeeLee, get JaJa and Yong and Danlee to walk me around.

Lee: Okay, stay here with your parents, princess.

Zuko: Wait, who are they?

Lee: The palanquin bearers Jai, YongLi, and LiDan. She wants us four to carry her around all day.

Kuai: But it's almost time for dinner, and then she has bathtime and bedtime.

Zuko: Let her go around for a few minutes, she hasn't done much all day.

(She had actually forced Lee to do her hair and feed the turtleducks and play tag the entire day).

Lee: I'll be back shortly, princess.

Izumi jumped up on Kuai and Zuko's bed and kept licking her gums like a weirdo.

Kuai: Cutie, I'm worried about her teeth. She's too young to start losing them, isn't she?

Izumi: No, I'm a big girl.

Zuko: She's not too early. She's supposed to be about 5 or 6 when that happens, and she'll be 5 next month.

Kuai: I know, but it seems like this has happened too soon.

Zuko: It's fine, lovely.

Izumi started trying to tickle Kuai, which didn't work because apparently she wasn't ticklish. Zuko didn't notice that so he was surprised when she started tickling him. He was laughing hysterically. Kuai joined in tickling him and he almost couldn't handle it anymore, so he began ticking Izumi. She began giggling, and Kuai was still tickling Zuko, so the room was filled with extremely loud laughs.

Then there was a knock at the door. Everyone fell dead silent.

Zuko: Who is it?

Lee: It's Lee, I'm here with the palanquin bearers.

Zuko: Come on in.

Lee opened the door and the family could see the three other guards standing outside, with the palanquin set on the ground. Izumi climbed of the bed and ran to Lee, and he helped her in. The four men bowed to Kuai and Zuko before picking up the palanquin and walking away.

Kuai: She was really proud of that tooth, huh?

Zuko: Yeah, she was.

Kuai: But she seemed happier to tell you than me.

Zuko: I'm sure she was equally happy, don't think too much of it.

Kuai: But she ran straight to you and showed you and...*sigh* all she did was tell me about it from your arms.

Zuko: Maybe she's just a daddy's girl, that doesn't mean she loves you any less.

Kuai: Are you sure?

Zuko: Yes, Kuai.

Zuko leaned over and softly kissed Kuai.

There was a knock at the door.

Zuko: Lee, I swear, if we can't get a moment of privacy--

Guard: It's Song, your majesty.

Zuko: Oh... come in.

The guard, Song, opened the door and stepped two feet in, then bowed.

Kuai: What is it Song? (she said this more compassionate that Zuko talks to Lee)

Song: The palace chef says that your meal will be ready in less than 5 minutes.

Kuai: Thank you for letting us know.

Zuko: Make sure to bring some food to your family, Song.

Song: Y-you know about m-my family?

Zuko: Bring as much food as you would like. I've heard that your daughters are going hungry.

Song: Y-yes, Firelord. Thank you.

Song bowed, then left the room. Kuai and Zuko did soon after. They made their way to the dining hall, where Lee was trying to get Izumi to sit still in her chair.

Zuko: Lee, go ahead and take a break.

Lee: Thank you, your majesty. *bows*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies! Sorry it's been so long. I've had a bit of writer's block for this specific story. I don't know when I'll have ideas again, so don't hold me to an update deadline.

Thanks for reading!

<33333IrishLove