Chapter 22: It Was Just a Nightmare

*6 days later*

Kuai: WHAT?!?!

Lee: I'm sorry, my lady, I wasn't supposed to inform you of this.

Kuai: Who told you not to tell me?!

Lee: Um, Firelord Zuko...

Kuai: Bring me to him, I need to speak with him at once!

Lee: Please, your highness, I really don't want to get in trouble with him.

Kuai: Then bring me to them!

Lee: I don't think that is a good idea, my lady.

Kuai: Did I even ask you if it was a good idea?!

Lee: No, madam. They're in the building that used to be for the Kiyoshi Warriors to practice in.

Kuai: Alright.

Lee: I think it's best to take some guards with you, in case, my lady.

Kuai: I can take care of myself.

With that, Kuai left to go see her parents, angrily. Lee ran to Zuko's office to inform him.

Lee: I couldn't stop her, your majesty. She went by herself to see her parents.

Zuko: How did she know they were even here?

Lee: I apologize, Firelord Zuko, she was inquiring too much about some of your secret meetings. Her curiosity is insane.

Zuko: Ugh, come on. We have to catch her before she attacks them.

Lee: Attacks them?

Zuko: She has a lot of built up anger in her, and she's also pregnant.

Lee: Oh, true...

Zuko and Lee ran off to the guest house that Kuai's parents were staying in, to catch up with Kuai and make sure she wouldn't cause any violence. they got to the house as soon as Kuai was closing the door behind her. They ran inside and found her taking water out of the air. The volume of her water hadn't built up enough, so Zuko was able to stop her before she did anything rash.

Kuai: What the heck Zuko?!

Zuko: You can't do this, lovely. Please stop.

Kuai: They were trying to buy me back as if I was a piece of property!

Zuko: I understand your anger, and I'm angry, too, but this isn't a good idea. This could cause trouble with you, me, and the entire Fire Nation.

Kuai: But this isn't fair!

Zuko: I know, Kuai, but in this situation, I can't control that.

Kuai: And you can't control me either! *busts out of Zuko's arms*

Zuko: I'm just trying to keep you safe!

Kuai: I can handle this, cutie.

Zuko: I know you can, but no one is going to support you if you legally get in trouble for attacking them. 

Kuai: But... they never even tried to find me after the war, and now they act like they want me back. It's not alright, Zuko.

Zuko: They're messed up parents, Kuai, but it's not okay just to go around attacking everyone you hate. Because then you turn into someone with a reputation like mine.

Kuai: *sigh* Okay.

Lee: Wow, that didn't take much to convince her.

Zuko: Shut up, Lee.