Chapter 21: Where's My Daughter?

A/N: I think I drew out the story more than I meant to. I didn't mean for it to have more chapters than the original, but here we are, only on Chapter 21 when there's so much left to go. We are approaching the end, slowly, so prepare yourself for some of the things that went on in the epilogue of the original story. Note: There is a small plot twist in one of the upcoming chapters that changes what was said in the epilogue, so let me know if you get too surprised. Thank you, that is all.

*The Next Day*

TuoYan approached the outer gates of the palace nervously. Kuai's letter seemed a bit angry. She had obviously found out that she was living in Palace City, instead of Hira'a like most people would have assumed. She had asked her husband, Lee, not to mention it to anyone of the royal family, so he must have mentioned it to the other guards and they ratted her out. 

Two guards, seeming to recognize her, silently let her inside the outer gates. She walked through the large courtyard and to the inner gate, which Lee was at, at the moment.

Lee: TuoYan? What are you doing here?

TuoYan: Fire Lady Kuai summoned me.

Lee: Oh, do you know why?

TuoYan: No idea, but I'm thinking it has something to do with us.

Izumi: LEE LEE!

Lee knelt down as Izumi approached him.

Lee: Princess, what are you doing out here? I thought Song brought you to breakfast.

Izumi: I made him take me to see you.

Lee: Why is that, Izumi?

Izumi: You're my favorite.

Lee: Aw, thanks, princess. *hugs her*

TuoYan: Your favorite?

Izumi: Who are you?

TuoYan: I'm Lee's wife, and your mother's friend.

Izumi: Lee Lee has a wifey?

Lee: Yes, I do, princess. *gets up to open gate*

Izumi: I didn't know that...

Lee: I guess I should have told you, then. 

Izumi: Yeah you should have!

Lee: Sorry, princess.

TuoYan: Sweetheart, can you take me to your mother?

Izumi: I don't know, I'm not supposed to let strangers in.

Lee: She's not a stranger, Izumi.

Izumi: Fine, but Lee Lee, come with.

Lee: Okay, princess.

Lee, TuoYan, and Izumi walked to the dining hall, where Izumi was supposed to be eating with her parents. Lee and TuoYan gave a generous bow to Kuai and Zuko. 

Kuai: Izumi, why are you late?

Izumi: I went to go see Lee Lee and then found his wifey.

Kuai: Next time, when Song goes to get you, listen to him, okay?

Izumi: Okay.

Kuai: TuoYan, come sit, eat, have a nice time.

TuoYan: Yes, your highness. *nervously goes to sit at Kuai's side as Izumi sat on the other side of Zuko*

Zuko: Lee, you are dismissed.

Lee: *bows* Thank you, your majesty.

Izumi: Bye Lee Lee!