Mikaelson Clan

"You can't go! I will not let you!" Gyda said as she threw Thorfinns bag to the floor and shoved him onto his bed. An angry and hurt expression was plastered upon her face as she looked down at Thorfinn. When Ragnar, Bjorn and Thorfinn had returned the next day Thorfinn began to pack his things as he would be moving into the Mikaelson home soon. He wanted to tell Gyda when he had finished packing and was ready to leave, but it seemed that Ragnar had decided to play a prank on him by telling her as soon as he came back. She was not happy when she heard the news, especially when she learnt who he'd be staying with; Thorfinn had never hidden how he felt about Rebekah from Gyda, but Gyda had always believed she had an advantage over the girl as Thorfinn lived with her.

She had assumed that Rebekah's fate was set, she would be forced to marry the Jarl's son or some other powerful man and Thorfinn would be hers. While these things could still happen things were a lot less certain now that Thorfinn was going to be living there. Her heart tightened in her chest at the thought of Thorfinn leaving her, she tried to think of a solution but nothing came to her, so in the end all she could do was throw his belongings onto the ground and try to stop him from leaving.

"It is not for forever Gyda, just until the summer raids," Thorfinn said as he tried to stand back up, only to be pushed down again.

"Do not lie to me Thorfinn, I know that you plan to buy your own home or land after the summer raids with your new wealth... you won't be coming back here," Gyda said as her shoulders sagged a bit. Thorfinn stood up placing his hands on her shoulders before drawing her into a hug.

"You know I would not leave you, you and I are not so easily separable," Thorfinn said as he ran his hands through her hair.

"Your ambitions have already grown beyond me..." Gyda whispered as she wiped her eyes on his shirt.

Thorfinn frowned "You speak foolishness Gyda, I will not leave you behind."

"What of when I get a husband? How often will we see each other then?" She asked.

Thorfinn found himself tightening his grip on Gyda's shoulder. An unpleasant pang rippled through his chest and a frown made its way onto his face. "I... it'll be fine..." he stuttered out. Thorfinn looked down at Gyda who had a large grin on her face the pain and anger having disappeared.

"You are a greedy man Thorfinn, you are lucky I am not so greedy," she said ambiguously before going up on her toes and placing a peck on his lips. "Do not forget the carving knives that you let me borrow, I placed them in your chest," she said before turning around and leaving the labourer's house —leaving a confused Thorfinn in her wake. Thorfinn shook his head before continuing to pack his belongings away, as he did so he heard footsteps behind him and turned to see Ragnar who had muddied hands and a long object bound in cloth. "Ragnar?" Thorfinn said with confusion.

"When you were first given to me by your mother she left very little, but one thing she did leave was this," Ragnar said as he handed the clothbound object to him.

Unbinding it Thorfinn was greeted with a beautifully crafted sword that seemed to catch and reflect the light of the sun in a way he had never seen before. "Your mother was a skilled shield maiden, this was her sword, as you can see it is not a regular sword," Ragnar said as he urged Thorfinn to draw the rest of it from its sheath.

"I do not know who crafted it, Lagertha believes it could've only been made by a dwarf, and I am of a similar mind as I have never seen such a blade," Ragnar said as he looked at the way the light seemed to surround the blade.

He then looked back to Thorfinn "Your mother said the blade was like any other blade, but it had received the blessing of Baldr."

Thorfinn gaped as he held the sword, holding it now he couldn't feel anything but unworthy of grasping it, he returned it to its sheath "Thank you, Ragnar, another man would've sold it or kept it for himself and I would've been none the wiser," Thorfinn said gratefully.