The Druids

Bebbenburg was in pandemonium, the daughter of King Alle, Blaeja of Northumbria had gone missing. Not only that but multiple guards had been found washed up on the shore. If things could be worse Lord Uhtred didn't know how, not only had he hidden the knowledge of a killer from the King, but now because of his actions he was responsible for his daughter's disappearance. Lord Uhtred couldn't let the King discover his knowledge of this incident, it would change a potentially mild punishment for having too lax a security to a sure execution of him and the destitution of his family.

Lord Uhtred had everyone searching every room for Blaeja, or for anything that may indicate where she could've gone. He personally questioned all the guards and servants but as of yet he did not find anything. One of the worst discoveries of all was that of his treasury, he had opened the door to find that over half of his immense wealth was gone, and he almost destroyed the door with his fists when he saw it. His shouts of rage could be heard throughout the castle. Whoever had done this to him he declared eternal enmity towards, that wealth was the result of decades of accumulation and now some scum had taken it.

"FIND ME MY DAUGHTER NOW!" King Aelle boomed from the hall. His wife and daughter both sat holding each other with tears in their eyes at the loss of their family member. Uhtred sat silently in his seat stewing in anger at the loss of his treasure. Even the shouting of the King at how pathetic and useless he was did not phase him. "My Lord!" A guard shouted as he rushed through the open doors with a young servant in his grasp.

"Why have you disturbed us! Have you found my daughter yet!" King Aelle shouted at the poor guard.

"Tell him what you told me!" The guard shouted at the servant pushing her forward.

"I-I s-saw her milord..." the guard said in a low tone. King Aelle approached the young girl, his large form dwarfing her as he stepped in front of her.

"Speak girl, where is my daughter!" He said loudly to her.

The girl tried to speak but the presence of the king in front of her intimidated her greatly and she found herself choking on her words. "SPEAK GIRL!" The king shouted.

"S-She l-left milord! A m-man with hair like snow was with her," she stuttered out. Judith lifted her head at the servant's words, the shock was apparent on her face when she heard what the servant had said 'Edward?!' She thought to herself, she had only known one person in this castle who had that colour hair, but she knew he would never hurt his sister or anyone. He loved to learn and read, so there must have been some other explanation for what the servant had seen.

"Where did you see him, girl!?" The king asked.

"T-The early hours of the morning milord, I saw them rowing just off the shore," the servant said.

King Aelle looked to Lord Uhtred who still sat in his seat with a blank expression on his face. "WELL YOU HEARD THE GIRL START SENDING OUT SEARCH PARTIES!!!" He booked out.

Lord Uhtred didn't respond for a moment but he then looked up and nodded to the guards who all rushed out of the room. They had not sent search parties outside the area yet, Uhtred knew it would be a useless endeavour but he couldn't defy the king. However, a thought did spark in his mind 'Perhaps the man who took her stole my silver.' It was too much of a coincidence that they both happened at the same time.

"Get all available guards and peasants out and looking for Blaeja, any who find her will get five hundred silver pieces," He told the guard that stood next to him.

"Yes my lord," the guard said before rushing out.

"The person who brings me my daughter and the man who took her shall have their weight in silver and gold!!!" King Aelle added.