A Rose's Replacement

~**~
continuation of one of my previous stories,
"Dandelions Are Better Than Roses"

Tw: angst, bullying, crying, depression

ONE SHOT OF ONLY NICK AND CHRIS
~**~

Nick was captain of the volleyball team, he really enjoyed it and didn't end up crying and quitting the first day he joined the team which was awfully shocking.

It was the triplets junior year of high school, Nick had been spending all his spare time at practice. It was practically his home.

Chris usually just stayed home waiting till Nick came home which was about 6:30 to 7:00 sometimes. He did basketball, but got kicked from the team when his coach deemed his grades weren't high enough to stay.

Usually, when Nick came home he would shower, have a quick meal and go to bed.
When he went to bed was the time where he and Chris would spend their time together. They would cuddle and eventually fall asleep, following the same routine each day.

Chris wanted to spend more time with Nick, but figured that it would be selfish to not let his brother pursue his dreams. It was great that he found something he loved. When he went to Nick's games it was his smile that meant more than the games, bright and warm enlightening the court.

When their team would win, Chris would get up and cheer for Nick. It was amazing.
Nick was.

~**~

These couple of weeks, Nick would sleepover at his team mates houses after practice. He decided it would be better for him and his team to work harder.

Chris would be left alone on his cold bedsheets, the eerie, icy wind flowing swiftly through the slightly open window next to his almost vacant bed. The soft aura of the moon's rays shined down on his bed, Chris even let some tears escape his ocean eyes. He hadn't been sleeping till 3 in the morning, Nick not there to help him.

He hadn't even gained the motivation to go to school or even get up, not brushing his teeth, taking showers or even eating.
He already had 30+ absences and it was only the beginning of the year. Chris also got bullied everyday at school, being called ugly, getting kicked until his legs were bruised.

He missed when he and Nick would spend all their time together. A cold tear fell slowly from his eye down his pale freckled face that was outlined from the moonlight.

He wiped his tears that kept on falling, a sigh escaping his slightly parted lips as he swallowed the lump in his throat.

He turned from the window bringing his thin fuzzy blanket to his shoulders as his eyes fell shut and the tears eventually stopped.

~**~

The next morning he got out of bed, the bright sun rays burning his eyes. He yawned, pulling his thin blanket off of his body.

Mary Lou was working morning shifts, gone in the early daylight. Jimmy was on a 2 week long business trip, In Florida. Chris walked to the bathroom, his eye bags dark, almost scary to even look at.

He took a look at his yellow teeth, ashamed of how he hadn't even brushed them in over 4 weeks. He put his tooth brush into his mouth, the cold toothpaste hitting his uncared for teeth. He brushed his teeth slowly, his swollen gums aching as the bristles passed by them.

He spit the toothpaste out, blood mixed with blue liquid. He coughed, blood still shooting out of his mouth and into the sink.

He got into the shower, warm water falling onto his bones that were almost transparent through his pale white skin.
The warm water soon turning cold, Chris's warm tears falling down his freckled face apparent to being the only heat source.