Chapter 27

After hearing everything from Mrs. Kim . Nancy approached tae and sweetly smiled at him.

Nancy: "It's ok, Taehyung. Don't worry. You can feed food to the business partner I have prepared. I am sure he will love it."

Tae stared blankly at Nancy, while Kook glared at Nancy with simmering rage.

Mrs. Kim, sensing the tension in the air, grabbed the opportunity and spoke in authoritative voice.

Mrs. Kim: "Yes, Tae, Nancy is right. We can't keep Mr. Roy waiting any longer. So let's just serve the food she has made".

But Kook erupted, his voice booming in the kitchen.

Kook: "No!" His outburst startled Tae, who looked at him in concern.

Mrs. Kim's glare bore into Kook as she confronted him.

Mrs. Kim: "What do you mean 'No'?.

Kook's eyes flashed with rage as he lashed out.

Kook: "You shut up, old lady! Because of you, all of this happened."

Mr. Kim looked at him in disbelief, wondering how his son-in-law could talk to elders like that, especially to his own mother-in-law.

Mr. Kim: "Is this the way you talk to elders, Jungkook?".

Kook rolled his eyes and grabbed tae's hand who was also looking at him in disbelief.

Mrs. Kim began to sweat in fear, her mind racing with thoughts of what might happen if Kook revealed the truth.

Mrs. Kim: "W-what do you m-ean?",she stuttered nervously, her voice trembling in fear.

Kook: "W-what do you m-ean?" he mimicked, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Why are you stuttering now? Are you not the one who locked me in the room?", coldly.

Listening to Kook's accusation, tae and Mr. Kim looked at Mrs. Kim in shock. Mrs. Kim began to sweat even more, unable to meet anyone's gaze

Tae: "What?".

Mr. Kim: "Why are you lying Jungkook. She will never do that", shout.

Nancy who was observing everything intervened before kook could say anything further.

Nancy: "We should talk about this later. Mr. Roy is waiting for so long".

With a nod, Mr. Kim addressed Tae who was thinking something deeply.

Mr. Kim: "Taehyung I am giving you a chance. So please make dinner faster." With that, he left the room.

Kook softly cupped Tae's cheeks, and lovingly smile at him.

Kook: "Baby, give me some time, okay? I'll make the dinner," he reassured, his voice filled with love and concern.

Tae returned Kook's smile and nodded.

Tae: "Okay, let me help you".

Kook nods and peck tae's lips who softly smiled at him.

However, Nancy's gaze lingered on the couple, her eyes showing jealousy. Uncomfortable with their closeness. She attempted to intervene with a playful tone.

Nancy: "Taetae, I'll also help you," pout.

Tae: "No need, and it's Taehyung for you," he replied coldly.

Nancy slowly nodded while Kook couldn't help but smirk widely looking at her sad face.

Amidst the tension, Mrs. Kim, who had remained silent until then, intervened with a hint of authority.

Mrs. Kim: "Tae, let her work with you. What if Jungkook does something wrong again?" in a demanding tone.

Tae looked at his mom without any expression while kook held tae's hand and glared at Mrs. Kim.

Tae: "If my wife does anything wrong, then it's my responsibility, Mom. So you don't have to worry."

Mrs. Kim: "But.....

Tae: "Mom, you both can go outside. Let me and Kook do our work." coldly.

Mrs. Kim angrily glared at him, not liking the way he was talking to her. She just silently left with Nancy while glaring at Kook who was smirking.

-----

Finally the dinner was ready. Seated at the head of the table, Mr. Roy's eyes sparkled with delight as he savored each delectable bite, his taste buds tingling with delight.

After eating dinner he finalized the deal making kook tightly hug tae in happiness who returned the hug with equal fervor with a boxy smile.

However, amidst the joyous atmosphere Mrs. Kim and Nancy couldn't conceal their disappointment. They had a forced smile on their face.

.
.
.
💜