Chapter 31//Be careful who you trust

"Calum is this your picture?" I asked Calum the next morning showing him the picture from last night.

"Where did you get this?" He asked referring to the picture.

Where did she find it?

"I found it on the table."

"Yeah it's mine." He took the picture from me.

Shit I forgot I left it there last night

"Is that my family?" I asked wanting answers.

He paused for a second to think.

Maybe I should just tell her.

"Yes, yes it is Lucy." He gave me a small smile.

"Why didn't you show this to me sooner and where did you get the picture?" I was bombarding him with questions I actually felt sorry for him.

"We used to be friends with your family." He finally spoke.

"Really? Where are they now?" I asked.

"Well... Your brother Jake is in school in Ireland." He went on finally making things clearer.

"So I have a brother named Jake, how old is he?" I couldn't believe it I actually have a brother.

"He is probably around sixteen now." He said looking at the picture.

"And who is the other three people?"

"The man and women are your parents , their names are Dylan and Ashley Quinn." He looked at the ground.

"Where are they now?" I said quietly I don't know why.

Calum took a deep breath before speaking.

"Your father died Lucy when you were only three, we knew your family very well and your mother left after your father died." He said quietly almost a whisper.

"So my mother might still be alive." I asked hope in my voice.

"We don't know we haven't heard from her since she left."

Can I not just tell her she abandoned her kids because of their physic abilities?

"Well actually you know the way you can read minds." Calum continued.

I nodded my head.

"Your brother Jake has the exact same ability and the both of you were driving your mother crazy because every lie she told both of you could see right through her, she was seeing another man while she was still married to your father. Dylan found out because of you and Jake. Your parents argued a lot after that then they split up." He explained he could see me start to tear up.

"So it's all my fault they split up?" I whispered feeling tears form around my eyes.

"No, no it's not Lucy and don't ever think that." Calum's face turned into a worried expression kneeling down hugging me.
I cried into his shoulder.

"Shh,shh it's okay." He soothed rubbing my back.

I looked up Calum started to tear up. I giggled wiping away his tears with my sleeve. He gave me a small smile.

"You really did care about my family." I said after a while.

He nodded.

"So what happened when they split up?" I needed to know more.

"Soon after your parents split up your dad got into a really bad accident and ended up in hospital we visited him regularly. One day he told us to take good care of you and your brother, that there was bad people who wanted to get their hands on them because they've a very useful ability which can be used for bad but he wanted it to be used for good, like helping police with crimes. He died a short while after the accident." He stopped for a minute to gather his thoughts.