Chapter 40//Six days left

Lucy's POV:

"So this is the house, your dad wanted it to be perfect." Our lawyer opened the door to our new home enthusiastically.

"Isn't it amazing Lucy?" Jake's eyes lit up.

Our lawyer wanted Jake and I to fly out to New York for a few days to see our new house before moving into it.
It was a two storey house in a friendly neighbourhood. The neighbours have probably been expecting us for a while now as the house has never been lived in before. There's two sitting rooms both with fireplace, it's a very modern looking house with modern designs.

"Some of your belongings have already arrived, they are all in your bedrooms." Our lawyer rambled on and on about the house. "And this is your bedroom Lucy." She opened a door with fancy designs carved in the wood that led into a large room.
It wasn't too big the size was just right. It had mint coloured walls, a white wooden king sized bed with the cutest bed sheets on it.

"Here's the bathroom and your walk in wardrobe." She pointed to a door at the end of the room and another one on the wall beside it.

"Oh my god." I squealed.

I've never had an en suite or a walk in wardrobe before. I ran to the door at the end of the room. There it was my own personal bathroom with a jacuzzi!
The wardrobe was even better also bigger than I ever imagined a wardrobe to be. I could walk right into it there was more then four mirrors inside of it.
There was a gorgeous white wooden vanity at the wall facing my bed. It was fabulous I opened the little drawers on it. There was a little sealed letter at the bottom of one of the drawers with my name written on it. I sat on the comfortable seat that came with the vanity, opening the letter carefully. I read the neatly written words on the page.

Dear Lucy,
By the time you're reading this you and Jake will already be living in this house by now. I gave you and Jake this house so the both of you could have a normal life even though I have already broken our family.
I know I have secrets and growing up without knowing your own family. I'm sorry for sending you to an orphanage, I really am. Words can not describe the regret I am feeling. Maybe you and Jake can mend this broken home with a safety pin. I suppose that you met the four lads already, I trust them with everything I have, they're the nicest and funniest people I have ever met. That's why I asked them to look after you. They're working on a name for their band at the moment, well the last time I've heard. They're really good I wonder if they're still playing music right now when you're reading this my dear Lucy. They are big dreamers those lads. They've been trying to reach the stars for so long, they're so talented they deserve everything they've dreamed for.
There are so many unanswered questions Lucy  for you, I am sure. One day you'll understand everything that has happened in your life and why.
I won't be in your life unfortunately. But I have never stopped loving you or Jake, don't forget that Lucy.

                               Love Dad x

I put my hand over my mouth to stop me from crying. It was the only thing I have from my dad. I never knew my dads' worked so hard to make their dreams come to life.

"Do you like your room?" Jake interrupted my thoughts, walking into my room.

I quickly wiped away my tears.
"Yes, it's wonderful Jake." I smiled holding the letter close to me.

Spending time with Jake in New York was very fun. It was great spending time with my brother, who knew we had the same sense of humour?
But all the time I spent in New York I couldn't stop thinking of the four people I left in London.

* * * * * * * * *
Authors note: I take so long to update I'm so sorry!!