Chapter 38//Meet and greet

Lucy's POV:

"Welcome to New York Lucy." Jake said happily as we entered our new huge mansion.

"This is so big!" I exclaimed.

I ran up and down the stairs. There was boxes of new stuff at the door that had to be put away.

"Will my dads' ever visit us?" I asked after running up and down the stairs.

"Lucy." He sighed shaking his head.

"What?" Scared what he was going to say next.

"They adopted you because they had to, not because they wanted to. They don't want to see you again." He said softly putting a hand on my shoulder "I hope you understand."

I jerked my shoulder away from his touch.

"No I don't 'understand' they loved me and they will visit me." I said defensively.

"They never loved you it was all just an act, they did that so you wouldn't run away." He said with so much venom in his voice I had to back away.

"No that's not true you're lying!" I shouted tears starting to form in the brim of my eyes.

"They didn't care about you, you just got in the way of their career. With you getting homesick on a simple European tour." He spat angrily.

I grabbed my phone and I ran upstairs to my bedroom. I dialled in Calum's number. His phone started ringing in the room. I couldn't find where it was ringing from. I started pulling down the boxes trying to find the phone. If his phone was here then he was here.

"Calum!" I shouted.

"Calum where are you!" I screamed.

"Calum!"

"Calum!"

"Calum!"

"Calum!" I started to cry.

"Calum?"

-

"Lucy wake up." Someone was shaking me awake.

It was Calum.

"Calum!" I hugged him crying into his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" He asked me concern in his voice.

"I just had a very realistic bad dream." I said starting to tear up.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" He asked.

"Okay." I told him about Jake and how he said they wouldn't visit because it was all just an act.

"Lucy you know that we love you." He hugged me again his head snuggled in my shoulder "And we'll definitely visit that mansion of yours." He chuckled.

I laughed with him.

"Good It's just the dream was very real to me and I didn't want any of that stuff to be true." I sighed.

"I'll tell you right now, that everything in your dream wasn't true except maybe the mansion." He smiled.

"Thank you Cal." I hugged him again.

"Now go back to sleep its three in the morning." He whispered tucking me in.

"Goodnight." I snuggled under the covers.

"Sleep tight." He closed the door behind him quietly.

-

"We have a Q&A and a meet and greet today, and the radio station wants us to bring you with us, because you're so popular with our fans. Would you like to come?" Ashton asked me as we were all sitting around the table eating breakfast.