Ch.1: Reunion

A hooded man walked through a poverty-stricken neighborhood. Men, along with their families, sat near waste, begging for a shred of generosity from others in no better conditions. The young man was appalled at the state the people below the city of Midgar lived.

"Excuse me, sir, do you have any spare food?" Asked a small boy who stood weakly. The young man gave a pitiful look beneath his hood. He knelt down to the boy's level and took out a few coins of gil. "Sorry bud, but how's about you get yourself a hot meal or two." The boy looked at the money in shock. His brown eyes gained a bit of color as he graciously took the money. "Thank you so much mister!" He exclaimed before taking his leave. The young man watched with a smile as the boy headed towards a stand selling food.

The mysterious man continued down a path which lead him towards a town. "Seventh Heaven." The man said to himself before walking towards a group of men loitering around a garbage fire. "Excuse me gentlemen, I'm looking for a bar named the Seventh Heaven. Mind helping a guy out?" "Oh yeah? Whose askin'?" Asked a man who was intoxicated. "Never seen ya around these parts? Whatcha hidin' your face for?" Questioned another. "I'm a drifter. Just looking for a place to get a drink and relax." A third man who was considerably more intoxicated rose from a chair. "Look here stranger. We got enough people hanging around these slums. We don't need more trying to take our jobs and supplies. So why don't you just drift on off, drifter." The younger man simply nodded and took his leave.

After walking through an alley and passing a few shops, Y/n found himself at what he assumed to the main plaza of the town. Turning his head, he found the establishment he was searching for.

The young man was met with the sound of music, as well as laughter and cheering from the patrons as he entered. He found an open stool by the bar and decided to take a seat. "Can I get you started with anything?" The young man turned to the source of the woman's voice and his eyes widened.

 "Can I get you started with anything?" The young man turned to the source of the woman's voice and his eyes widened

"..." The young man was a lost for words at the sight of the beautiful woman before him. "Did you need more time?" She asked. "Uh. I'll just take a house special." The woman smiled and nodded. "One Cosmo Canyon coming right up." She began to prepare a drink. "What brings you to town stranger?"

Before Y/n could answer, a woman suddenly barged into the establishment. "Someone help! Those Shinra soldiers are taking my boy! Please! Somebody!"

Tifa quickly approached the woman and embraced her. "It's okay ma'am. Where did they go?" "They were headed towards Scrap Boulevard. They-" "I'll get your son back. Clive." A man who was tending the tables turned to her boss. "Yes?" "You're in charge." The young woman, with anger on her face, left towards the scene. The hooded man followed behind.

"What are you going to do to me?" Asked a frightened boy, no older than 10 years old. "You think you could just mess with us and get away with it." Spat a man wearing white armor while throwing the boy onto the ground. "We'll teach you what happens when you mess with Shinra." The other soldier raised his assault rifle.