Ch.22: Headaches and Heartaches

Tifa woke up early the next morning. She looked to her side and found Y/n facing her, sound asleep. She smiled and gave him a small kiss on his forehead. She got up and dressed for the day. As she exited the room, Ignis and Aerith stood near the vehicles, filling the trunks up with supplies. "Good morning." Greeted Ignis as Aerith waved. "Good morning." Tifa responded back. "Waiting on us?" "No. Yuffie is still asleep." Said Aerith. "So is Prompto." Added Ignis. "What about everyone else?" Asked Tifa. "Gladio and Cloud went for a moring jog around the lake below Old Lestallum. As for Barret and Nanaki, the two decided to partake in a hunt for monsters that have taken habitat in the nearby woods." "Forgive me for being nosy." Aerith said with a toothy grin. "What happened between you two last night?" Ignis believed he should not be hearing this, however he didn't make it a priority to move away. Tifa blushed in embarrassment as she rubbed the side of her arm. "Nothing. We talked about doing it... but I... fell asleep." Ignis snickered slightly as Aerith laughed. "Awwww." She said, holding Tifa's hands. "That's so cute!" Tifa's face turned even redder with embarrassment at Aerith's teasing.

Later that morning, the party were know all awake. Barret and Nanaki informed the others of a royal tomb they had stumbled upon when they were undertaking their hunt. Heading back towards the location, they entered the tomb. "Scepter of the Pious." Aerith read the inscription.

Y/n extended his hand over the scepter and it began to levitate in an ethereal, crystalline light

Y/n extended his hand over the scepter and it began to levitate in an ethereal, crystalline light. It impaled Y/n's chest and burst. "Four down." Gladio commented.

With no more distractions in their way, the party were finally able to arrive at Lestallum by sundown.

"What's that smoke coming out of the town?" Barret questioned. "That's the power plant." Ignis answered. "The workers harness the remnants from the Meteor of the Six to power Lestallum." "Hmph. And is it harmful to the planet?" "About as harmful as a fly is to a Behemoth." Replied Gladio.

The town was bustling with life as many shop vendors called people to their stands. Many women walked around, wearing pink jumpsuits. "Interesting fact, the plant is run entirely by women." Ignis informed the girls. "Here in Lestallum, they literally keep the lights on." The girls looked impressed as many of the towns women waved their way.